Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he was a break down in the second but managed to get back into the set and eventually broke him lateron. seemed like a close one given that massu was serving at 4-5 in the third, no breaks until then.

well, who knew, good start by ferrero.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Perfect start to the season for Juan Carlos. Maybe he's finally making some progress?

He needs to work on his serve and forehand :help:

Nico didn't handle the big points well, but overall I was more impressed with how he played. He's getting closer to his past form :yeah: :hug:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Nico :bigcry: :crying2: :sobbing:

Reactions: Corey Feldman

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
great battle with plenty of long gruelling rallies. played in a good spirit with a warm embrace at the end. crowd was really into it and gave a standing ovation.

and what the fuck am I watching now? ferrero appears to racing radio controlled toy cars around the court with some kid.........and he just won that too.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i watched some of it but it was realy boring neither was particualy playing well, alot of errors from easy positions. ferrero held it together better in the end.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well start Ferrero. But there is some serious lack of pace on his shots. It's almost like he was hitting a dead ball out there. Occasionally he started pounding the ball and going for his serves, so I'm going to assume he's holding back on purpose with the AO in mind.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Vamos JCF!!! :rocker2: :bigclap:

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Well start Ferrero. But there is some serious lack of pace on his shots. It's almost like he was hitting a dead ball out there. Occasionally he started pounding the ball and going for his serves, so I'm going to assume he's holding back on purpose with the AO in mind.
It wasn't until the last few games of the match that he really started going for his shots consistently. There was the one forehand return winner that he cracked off of Massu's serve towards the end that was :eek:.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
VAMOS JUANQUI!! :yippee:

Yeah, his FH was a bit erratic but it came all together at the end, which was good. I loved a couple of BH down the line winners earlier in the match, too.
He will face either Ferrer or Benneteau in SF, Ferrer more likely, it will be another tough match, but good luck JC!! ;)

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Overall it was a great match and it's great to see JC playing like this in January already. :yeah:

There were some awesome points in there, plenty of tension and the crowd was really into it but both players were justifiably frustrated with their UEs. JC couldn't really get hold of Massu's serve until right at the end and he shanked a lot of FHs. Massu gifted a couple of breaks in the 2nd with some badly timed DFs and FH errors. I don't think either of them played well but the conditions were difficult with a lot of wind.

he was a break down in the second but managed to get back into the set and eventually broke him lateron. seemed like a close one given that massu was serving at 4-5 in the third, no breaks until then.

well, who knew, good start by ferrero.
He wasn't a break down in the 2nd but he was in the 3rd. Almost every time he loses a 1st set and win the 2nd he gets broken at the start of the 3rd. But he got lucky today, it looked liked Massu was struggling, receiving treatment at the end of the 2nd set.

Agreed, but he's always been a slow starter. It's never been his style to come out of the blocks all guns blazing. It's mostly a question of whether he can survive the early stages of matches and tournaments because he needs time to work his way into them.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
:hug: for Nico. But it was a good overall tournament for him-starting out in the qualies and getting to the quarters. Big improvement over most of last year :yeah:

:hatoff: JCF and good luck in semis!

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
nooooooooooo :bigcry:

i hate when my fav loses having a break up in the final set :sad:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Juanqi Lover must be happy ;) wonder where she is ..

Yes I'm happy, I'm very very very happy!!! Yeah I'm usually at Kooyong, but today it's 41 degrees here, and they're actually making the players keep playing in this extreme heat, it's just cruel! None of my favourites are playing there today, so I just stayed home. I feel really bad for the players. Roddick and Safin are out there right now, and it's just horrible. I went yesterday though and i had the best time, and I'll go tomorrow and Saturday too.

Anyway, something is telling me that Ferrero will go all the way and win this tournament. For him to win his first match of the season is just insane, so lets keep the insanity up and win the first tournament of the season. Hopefully he can carry this form through to the Aus Open. I"M SO EXCITED THAT HE"LL BE IN MELBOURNE AGAIN IN 4 DAYS:D

And see how awesome he is. Not only can he win on the tennis court, but he can also win in racing toy cars. You rock JC! (that would have been so cute to have watched hehe)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts