Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Didn't see that one coming. Then again Benneteau is one of those players you can't underestimate which clearly Ferrer did. He can serve big, he can outrally anyone and he can come in and hit touch volleys. When you're high on confidence everything seems to work.

Ferrer pretty much gave up at the start of the 2nd.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If he tried he is awful, no way he tried today.

Lost almost every rally on a court that suits his game perfectly.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Didn't see that one coming. Then again Benneteau is one of those players you can't underestimate which clearly Ferrer did.

Well- this evens up their head to head to 2-2, so David has lost to him before and therefore I am not sure if I agree that he was underestimating him. Underestimation could not explain some of the poo that David displayed starting at the end of the first.

It is just odd for Ferrer to flame out like that. Maybe the expectations? A little tweak that he did not want to exacerbate? Just a crap day?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
oh noes. david :sad:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I think it's just got to the stage where Ferrer is ranked so high that he can't motivate himself to keep fighting in small events like this. He wanted to win this match but he wasn't up for a long fight with another baseline grinder like Benneteau. He just wanted to get a few matches under his belt before the AO.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I think it's just got to the stage where Ferrer is ranked so high that he can't motivate himself to keep fighting in small events like this. He wanted to win this match but he wasn't up for a long fight with another baseline grinder like Benneteau. He just wanted to get a few matches under his belt before the AO.
you sure? i'm actually having problems to believe ferrer could even think that way.

·
Registered
340 Posts
whoa! :scratch:

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Didn't see that one coming. Then again Benneteau is one of those players you can't underestimate which clearly Ferrer did. He can serve big, he can outrally anyone and he can come in and hit touch volleys. When you're high on confidence everything seems to work.

Ferrer pretty much gave up at the start of the 2nd.

:lol: No Benneatue is an average player nothing more this is just a shocking loss

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Poor Ferrer, it's always nice to see Ferrer do well. Beaten, yet alone bagelled by Bennetteau is just strange.

But I can't help but say, this is such fantastic news for Ferrero. I want a title JC, theres no excuses for coming to Melbourne without one now.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
This is a huge surprise. I wonder if anyone will dare to post "as expected" :p. Bravo, Julien!

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
This is a huge surprise. I wonder if anyone will dare to post "as expected" :p. Bravo, Julien!
As expected, Ferrero will win the title:D

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
This is a big emberassement for Ferrer, to loose against Julien in this way, Benneteau should have bee out of the tournament against Sela and Almagro, i Still do not understand how these guys did not use their break chances...

Benneteau is everything but not a good player, he is a coemdian....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts