Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hilarious to see the height difference at the net :lol:

Good week for Olli, great week for Pics fter a QF scare against Falla.

·
Premium Member
20,661 Posts
Yay Ferru! :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Oliver great week to go into AO. Couldn't be happier by how the way Oliver performed this week. Still admire is game and will to win :yeah: Congrats David

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
no way is he 5'6. 5'9 Ferrer towered over him. Rochus played top 20 this week.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
3rd Auckland title for Pics :worship:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Olli is so tiny :lol:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
it's so sad watching Rochus play because it's so clear how great he would have been if taller...

I mean a 6 foot tall Oliver Rochus would be a great champion, it's really too bad. all the talent but the height holds him back.

Ferrer is looking in devastating form, even better than at last year's Auckland and also appears to be moving fantastically. I already was expecting him to go deep in Australia but maybe more eyes will be on him after his great form in winning Auckland for the third time!!

best of luck Oliver, and David: you can beat any player in the world!! show that at the Open in the next weeks!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
it's so sad watching Rochus play because it's so clear how great he would have been if taller...

I mean a 6 foot tall Oliver Rochus would be a great champion, it's really too bad. all the talent but the height holds him back.

Ferrer is looking in devastating form, even better than at last year's Auckland and also appears to be moving fantastically. I already was expecting him to go deep in Australia but maybe more eyes will be on him after his great form in winning Auckland for the third time!!

best of luck Oliver, and David: you can beat any player in the world!! show that at the Open in the next weeks!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Totally agree Oliver got some of the best talent out there, but he can't fufill it with his height :sobbing:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Great week for David, I hope he can have great AO and give Novak some trouble :D

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Totally agree Oliver got some of the best talent out there, but he can't fufill it with his height :sobbing:
The choking didn't help either. Still would've been consistent top 20 (and have caused one of the biggest upsets ever and a few other pretty big ones) if he could close out a match

·
Registered
171 Posts
Third Auckland title. Always enjoy seeing David win.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The choking didn't help either. Still would've been consistent top 20 (and have caused one of the biggest upsets ever and a few other pretty big ones) if he could close out a match
Ironically his height probably has something to do with it. It is just so much easier to serve out a match when you can hit big serves, which is not common when you're 5'4".

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
Auckland Queen :cheerleader:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Winning Auckland 3 times seems to be Ferrer's proudest achievement so far?:p
So does he get a full year supply of beer?:haha:

Oli is so cute. He's like the guy version of Henin, he speaks like her especially.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Probably those two epic comebacks in '09 and '11 Davis Cup finals ;)

He said Auckland was his favourite tournament, I imagine Barcelona and Valencia won't be too happy to hear that :lol:

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts
Sooo happy Ferru won Auckland again :bounce: :bounce:
It really was a great match to watch :yeah:

Good luck to David at the AO :yeah:

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
If Rochus was around 6'1 or 6'2 he would be a top 10 player easily.

David was by far the best player in the draw, so he was obviously going to win this. Never in doubt, to be honest.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts