Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: Auckland Entry List (updated December 21, 2011)

I can't find the time when the first match of the first round will start, on their web site. Does anybody know?

This Tournament will probably be our first tournament in our Fantasy Tennis Year game, so it is rather crucial to know when the game starts :)

·
Registered
54 Posts

The Heineken Open starts on Monday January 9th. The 1st match of the day is the final qualifying round on 3 of the 4 courts with the 1st round proper scheduled 2nd on centre court, and outside courts :)

·
Registered
66 Posts

The Heineken Open starts on Monday January 9th. The 1st match of the day is the final qualifying round on 3 of the 4 courts with the 1st round proper scheduled 2nd on centre court, and outside courts :)
Okay, so that will be 13.00 hours local time. I wasn't sure if there were already matches starting on one of the other courts.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Re: Auckland Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated January 2, 2012)

WCs for Querrey and Venus.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts

^

Michael

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

Queery loses round 1 then gets a WC the next day :shrug:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

Queery loses round 1 then gets a WC the next day :shrug:
Yeah exactly he has been shit since this time last year :rolleyes:

Statham should of got a shot here, didnt he win the NZ Nationals?

·
Registered
54 Posts

Gonzo out of Heineken Open and Aussie Open :(

SOURCE: Australian Open Tournament Director on Twitter
'Good luck to Fernando on his recovery and all the best for a great 2012 @AustralianOpen #ausopen'

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Re: Auckland Entry List (updated November 29, 2011)

Feels a little bit like a clay court tournament, does it not?
Ya, what's with all these claycourters and spanish players signing up for this event? And how come only 1 New Zealander got a wild card and the rest went to Americans? If I were tournament director, I would give all the wilcards to local players.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Ya, what's with all these claycourters and spanish players signing up for this event? And how come only 1 New Zealander got a wild card and the rest went to Americans? If I were tournament director, I would give all the wilcards to local players.
What tournament would you play if you were a claycourter? Because I don't see a lot of options other than play on HC.

·
Registered
54 Posts

They have in the past and they just lose 1st round, they're not good enough. A couple of years ago 2 kiwi's got drawn against each other in R1, the match was put on centre court and it was dreadful as both players were so nervous!
The kiwi's will get wildcards into the qualies, usually 4-5 of them. But I think only the top ranked kiwi deserves a wildcard into the main draw, unless they were a few of them ranked inside the top 150. Currently the highest is Venus ranked 379!

·
Registered
13,392 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

Ya, what's with all these claycourters and spanish players signing up for this event?
So you want them to have a week off just because they are clay-courters or spaniards? :stupid:

FYI.. this week only has HC tournaments. What else would they play then? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Auckland Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated January 6, 2012)

I thought they ripped up the Rebound Ace last year and replaced it with Plexicushion. Is the surface in the original post correct? I notice the pdf draw file on the ATP site has Rebound Ace too. Have they replaced it again this year?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts