·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Flavio is hilarious, never heard it before

Embarrassing L for Flavio

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
He was a few points away of knoking out Medvedev at the USO. I believe at one point he played as good or better than Nadal vs the Russian
True, I remember that match with the crowd involved, weird match, unexpectedly close, but when I saw how Feliciano Lopez was playing in the deciding doubles match last week I never thought he would make it to the 3rd round in Auckland...

On a side note Feliciano denied Fabio a second career quarterfinal in a slam (2015 US Open).

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
True, I remember that match with the crowd involved, weird match, unexpectedly close, but when I saw how Feliciano Lopez was playing in the deciding doubles match last week I never thought he would make it to the 3rd round in Auckland...

On a side note Feliciano denied Fabio a second career quarterfinal in a slam (2015 US Open).
Yeah it Was weird seeing that , it was blast from the past , refreshing memories in which tricky play was more common. Owning Daniil like that , while Nadal later had to grind it out to death to beat him. Cool

I wish he keeps going

·
Registered
590 Posts
Great win by Lopez who is still playing well despite being like 37. Good to see as I like his game. Fognini winning/losing is never a surprise as he loses to mugs all the time and also beats high ranked players when he feels like giving 100%. (Lopez isn’t a mug of course)

·
The special one
13,665 Posts
I only watched the first set (was about 3am where I live) Lopez had a complete meltdown to the umpire over not being allowed to challenge a line call where he was too late to challenge after continuing the rally. The funny thing is that the shot Fognini hit clipped the line so it wouldn't have mattered anyway, but that didn't stop Lopez demanding to speak with the organiser after the set was over ( this happened at 4-3 when Fognini broke)

His head was gone and I just thought Fognini would've went on to win the 2nd set easily. This is Fognoni though so I should've known better.

·
Your visions will happen
46,570 Posts
On top of that, this was Feliciano's 2nd match today, and on top of THAT, the first one against Andujar was a two and a half hour battle.
Always thought Lopez to be one of the fittest players of all time, he has played so much tennis in his career, singles and doubles, for like 20 years on the tour, never injured, had that insane slam streak too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts