Featured match:

Roddick vs. Schalken

Commentator: Courier :cool:

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: RCA Championships on NBC today at 1:30pm

Notes: Taylor Dent has his first commercial. Wilson racquets.

What, Courier criticizing Roddick and gaga over Schalken :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Well, that's refreshing to hear, but it certainly isn't doing Schalken any good at the moment...

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hee Hee. Courier: "Brad Gilbert inserted his brain into Andre's head and he will do the same with Roddick."

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Sjengster said:
Well, that's refreshing to hear, but it certainly isn't doing Schalken any good at the moment...
Nope. Roddick DFd on break point and gave the early lead to Sjeng. 1/2 Sjeng.

Bud Collins: Doesn't like A-Rod as Roddick's nickname. Wants to call him Ramrod :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Well it didn't last long then, because the scoreboard has significantly altered in the intervening period.

I'll be perfectly happy if Gilbert inserts his brain into Roddick, provided Roddick doesn't end up with the same fashion sense as Agassi did early in his career.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sjengster: NBC's on tape delay. Spoilers, dude! Edit that message for latecoming posters!

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Ah. Sorry, I had no idea. Still, that is NBC's fault, not mine... I fear that Schalken has had his solitary win over Roddick in the same way he had his sole victory over Federer last year, and that it's a barren spell from here on in...

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well, keep us in the dark on the real score for a couple of hours...Humor us...

Thanks;)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

OK - so how are they playing right now, or should I say how WERE they playing?

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Are you a the youngest in your family--no, you're the middle child, right?

Roddick is getting quick pts off his serve. Courier thinks that Roddick should be creaming Schalken, which he's not doing. He's standing too far back (8-10 feet) behind the baseline and not attacking Schalken's serve.

Talking about how Roddick BB (before Brad) didn't scout players, but all players were scouting him...

Talking about how he's been dominating ping pong and tennis videos in the players lounge. Creamed Courier in a 1 and 9 seconds...

Roddick doesn't get as many quick points off his serve as Pete because his racquet is not as heavy...

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Schalken triple-pumped fist saving 3 break points (although already down two breaks in the 2nd). Who does he think he is, Verkerk? :eek:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

"Are you the youngest in your family" - huh? Although now you come to mention it, I am the middle child, which is remarkable guesswork on your part.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Sounds very sensible to me - one fist pump for each breakpoint saved. But no, he certainly ain't a Verkerk in the emotions department, although if he were more like him in the serve department he might have given Roddick a little more of a match...

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Maybe Holmes, but since you cannot even see me, much less observe me, I fail to see how your deductive powers have arrived at such an accurate conclusion.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Sjengster said:
Maybe Holmes, but since you cannot even see me, much less observe me, I fail to see how your deductive powers have arrived at such an accurate conclusion.
I don't have to know you, it's your replies as a poster that give you away.

Call it cyberpsychology.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

What, so something about my posts just screams "middle child", does it? You were just guessing, if I'd suddenly told you I was the oldest child you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts