Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Interesting if true. That would cancel the french and everyone would basically start from step one. Hard to say how guys would handle it. 3 minths with no tennis is a long time

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I hate the idea and I don't really know the source but it would make sense when we see the daily evolution in the whole world. Problem with tennis is that players won't be able to travel at some point, there are every day more and more travel restrictions for citizens from one country to travel in another...so it will simply make the tour impossible in the next few weeks. I can see the tour stopped until RG or just after RG.

·
Registered
812 Posts
An account with 700 followers is definitely to be trusted.

P.S. That is not to say it's unlikely -- I think suspending the events till May could be a very real option.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Troll looking for clickbait to make a living.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The more I think to it, the more I think it is likely to happen. But let's say that the tour is being stopped until the grass season, will they reorganise the tour and try to put some clay events later in the calendar ? I doubt it would be possible as the calendar is packed;..

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I appreciate you fucking around with @NADALalot. Keep that stuff coming.

The virus will kill the clay season. But even I am not that low to celebrate that a deadly virus will prevent Nadal from getting his #20 Slam. We soon have bigger worries than our beloved sport.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I guess, we will see in the next couple days. But on its own merit, that kind of decision would make sense, too, as has been pointed out in this thread (travel restrictions).

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
The more I think to it, the more I think it is likely to happen. But let's say that the tour is being stopped until the grass season, will they reorganise the tour and try to put some clay events later in the calendar ? I doubt it would be possible as the calendar is packed;..
Here in Argentina shows are being cancelled and specially international events like boxing and those who attracts people from different parts are also ALL cancelled .

Tennis must be like the most international travelling sport in the world ! This one is a no brainer

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Yeah, I agree with others . The more I think about it the more something like this seems inevitable. Whether or not that user was simply trying to make his own theory sound credible it seems impossible for tennis continue as more and more travel restrictions get enforced.

Already at tje challenger in Kazakhstan this week anyone from france or germany playing the event was asked to leave or self quarantine for 2 weeks. Players from Japan and chinese Taipei weren't even allowed in.

What's more it could simply be a domino to calling off the year all together. That would be huge. How would players cope with that.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
An account with 700 followers is definitely to be trusted.

P.S. That is not to say it's unlikely -- I think suspending the events till May could be a very real option.
If you actually bothered to do a bit of research and check through his work, he seems to be VERY WELL CONNECTED.

Not all journalists are vile clickbait trolls (AKA Ben Rothenberg) with large followings.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Who the hell knows, in 3 months if travel restrictionsxwill be lifted and even allow players to get anywhere

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
From a selfish standpoint Itll duck not being able to watch my favorites. But hopefully casper, marin, david, corentin. ernie and hubi and daniil will stay safe and obviously I hope everyone else does too.

As far as my faves its be nice if they kept up.on social media. Gave a little something during this enforced downtime. Lol.

·
Registered
17,761 Posts
Who is this person? I typically don't consider a random person on Twitter as a legitimate news source.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts