Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found this amazing when I was on the ATP site looking at the challenger results this week for another thread.
Absolute :wow: :yikes: :facepalm:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
This is nothing. Just look at "design" mistakes they leave for months, like half crown on Serbia's coat of arms missing and this amazing layer mess with racket blocking atp no.1 info. Honorary mention for care free diagonal line they left in in the middle of the picture:

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Jan-Lennard Thugg :D

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
This is nothing. Just look at "design" mistakes they leave for months, like half crown on Serbia's coat of arms missing and this amazing layer mess with racket blocking atp no.1 info. Honorary mention for care free diagonal line they left in in the middle of the picture:
Awfuly amateurish job.
Disrespectful not only to Djokovic but to Serbia National Flag that should represent and symbolize country.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Why derailing this thread with talking about Djokovic.

Despite all the respect I owe to Karadjordjevics (my Grandpa was even serving in Petar's cavalry) who cares that much about half a crown when Serbia has no reigning king for more or less 80 years.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Then TBH problem is not just ATP but all medias because of some journalists' lack of professionalism (you must read again what you wrote before publishing) or lack of knowledge.

I forgot how many times I saw errors in french papers about sportsmen nationalities like Croat for a Serb, Slovak for a Slovenian, even Belgian for a Belarus....

Looks like they are not even interested in the sport they are talking about.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Why derailing this thread with talking about Djokovic.

Despite all the respect I owe to Karadjordjevics (my Grandpa was even serving in Petar's cavalry) who cares that much about half a crown when Serbia has no reigning king for more or less 80 years.
Derailing thread :???
It's about ATP website and their non-existent quality control, so these mistakes fit in this thread just fine. I've noticed mistakes on Djokovic's page, it has nothing to do with politics, monarchy and Djokovic himself. Serbia can have a peace of cheese on it's flag as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

Edit: Karadjorcevici are some of the worst rats in our history btw.

Here's another design marvel of ATP:

Managed to screw up flag of Uruguay too:

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
The others are clearer blunders, but I think the diagonal line is an intentional "design choice".

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
It's not the site of local football league, but official site of ATP - the global elite men's professional tennis circuit organised by the Association of Tennis Professional.

Is it really that much to ask those who run it to show correct informations and images?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
The others are clearer blunders, but I think the diagonal line is an intentional "design choice".
I would buy it as a strange design choice, but everything left of line is darker so it's a mask edge. Pro design choice to leave it visible and not do gradual shading is hard to believe. It's not good either way.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
I would buy it as a strange design choice, but everything left of line is darker so it's a mask edge. Pro design choice to leave it visible and not do gradual shading is hard to believe. It's not good either way.
Would think that's all intentional. It's basically the same as the bar at the bottom. The data/info is confined "in its place", separated inside a darker background/area. As if the data would be written on a transparent screen that's been placed next to and beneath/in front of the player and the flag.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Would think that's all intentional. It's basically the same as the bar at the bottom. The data/info is confined "in its place", separated inside a darker background/area. As if the data would be written on a transparent screen that's been placed next to and beneath/in front of the player and the flag.
Horizontal line makes sense graphically. It's smooth and doesn't disturb the balance of composition. Imagine the bottom line cutting the canvas in half. Not so nice, right? imagine your desktop screen where diagonal line is intersecting with the bottom taskbar. It would look terrible. The fact that whoever did the job left diagonal and horizontal line intersect each other visibly is just another thing that makes no sense. You can call it design choice but I tell you that's highly unprofessional.

I understand that designer wanted to have darker left side but that's attainable without just slapping on a visible mask like that. Another thing that is visible to me is that whoever did the flags in the background is a pro, while the person who put it all together is a hack who struggles with basics of design and photoshop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts