Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it happen for the first time, or was there a precedent?

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Poor Richard.

He does his best and assembles a pretty strong cast, including the world #s 2 and 3, and then after withdrawals and upsets, he has no seeds left in the tournament by the end of R2.

He'll be praying Robin Haase can make the final.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I am sure that there has been one or two all non-seeded quarter finals sometime on tour, or in the very least only one seed remaining.

It does make it a little bit more exciting in a way but on the other hand it looks like a Challenger, and not an International Gold event!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
hopefully the final will be soderling vs. haase or karlovic to save the tournament. At least Christophe Rochus was out in the first Q-round. That must be a relieve for richie

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I think that this is the first time that the quarter-final line-up of an ATP event has consisted of 8 unseeded players, since Nottingham 2006. In-between that event and Rotterdam this week, 4 events, Metz 2006, St Petersburg 2006, Lyon 2007 and Sydney 2008 have only had one seeded player in their QF line-ups.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
This only shows the depth of the field these days. NO easy matches. Can't just walk on the court and expect the match to win itself by virtue of you being a seed.

Anyone in the top 100 is extremely dangerous on any given day. And they are top 100 and not higher just because they aren't consistent enough. But the lack of consistency doesn't help a seed, if the outsider plays extremely well TODAY.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
This is depressing. When I woke up this morning and found out that Nadal, Ferrer, Berdych and Davydenko are all out I thought it was a bad joke.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Did he actually say that? :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts