Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
What am I reading? Actually if they didn’t freeze the rankings and Djokovic would have gotten the weeks at #1 because of a pandemic, now that is a massive asterisk. This was the best possible decision, besides the clay season was coming up, Nadal could have easily gotten back the #1 rank there since he did poor for his standards in MC/Barcelona/Madrid. This was actually easily the most sensible decision. How can people claim it’s an asterisk on Federer, when the opposite would have actually been the asterisk.

Hell he could have easily lost it in IW/Miami too if Nadal outperformed him there, which was definitely possible since Djokovic hasn’t performed up to standards in the sunshine double since 2016.
He did not perform well in 2017 because he was injured and in 2018 because he came back from an operation too early and in 2019 because of lack of training.

These years have nothing to do with his true potential at the sunshine double. He rules these tournaments. Won them together an astonishing four times !

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Why?

A statement like that should need some sort of explanation
I think i explained it better on my first post but players will almost certainly be more distant with the sport, may not take it with as much motivation.. Disruption is huge.. I would possibly consider retirement if i was one of the most successful and don't need the sport anymore to make a living.

Whole situation is psychologically very tough.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yup. Idiots will be idiots i guess.

They're lucky Djokovic even is #1.

Had he played Thiem in the QF, he'd be miles away from #1, as he should be.

No business being there.
Keep crying, loser. Huge business he has.

Djokovic is there where he has to be and deserves to be. Djokovic had to play Wawrinka in 4R AO 2013 and in QF 2014. Did you complain there ? I mean Djokovic would have wiped the tournament and destroyed injured Nadal in the final badly as he did with healthy Nadal in 2019 where you've lost your dumb bet anyway.

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Keep crying, loser. Huge business he has.

Djokovic is there where he has to be and deserves to be. Djokovic had to play Wawrinka in 4R AO 2013 and in QF 2014. Did you complain there ? I mean Djokovic would have wiped the tournament and destroyed injured Nadal in the final badly as he did with healthy Nadal in 2019 where you've lost your dumb bet anyway.
Djokovic would have destroyed injured Nadal?

That's, uh, amazing dude? Lol.

C'mon dude.

Everybody here thinks you're a clown. You were better off when you hadn't made a name for yourself yet.

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
I think i explained it better on my first post but players will almost certainly be more distant with the sport, may not take it with as much motivation.. Disruption is huge.. I would possibly consider retirement if i was one of the most successful and don't need the sport anymore to make a living.

Whole situation is psychologically very tough.
Pretty absurd reach, tbh. Nothing of that will come even close to happening.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Djokovic would have destroyed injured Nadal?

That's, uh, amazing dude? Lol.

C'mon dude.

Everybody here thinks you're a clown. You were better off when you hadn't made a name for yourself yet.
Injured Nadal took a set of Wawrinka. He was capable of playing competitive tennis as you saw. You saw how poor Wawrinka struggled playing against Nadal's mind games when the Spaniard could not accept that he was done and aint going to win that tournament for the next six years.

You are the first one calling me a clown and you know that I dont give a damn what you think of me cause you have zero respect and credibility nowadays. You created me. Do not forget that. My name was written by your pen.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Can someone explain to me how this ranking freeze is supposed to work? Let's pretend we will have no more tennis this season. Will the first two months of 2020 and the last 10 months of 2019 count for the ranking in 2021?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I think it’s when these events are played whether it’s in a rescheduled timeline or same time next year.
Quite a mess but they have to handle it somehow.
Since by stopping counting the weekly ranking ATP says these weeks don't exist, I think eventually they will apply this principle to the 52-week point drop.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
From moaning about establishment gifting Rogie freebies to demanding that No2e gets free weeks in No.1 spot. Biggest decline since Rodduck post Miami 2010.

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
Can someone explain to me how this ranking freeze is supposed to work? Let's pretend we will have no more tennis this season. Will the first two months of 2020 and the last 10 months of 2019 count for the ranking in 2021?
At the moment I suspect nobody really knows yet, not even ATP/ITF. They will work out a solution eventually, and not everyone is going to like it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
At the moment I suspect nobody really knows yet, not even ATP/ITF. They will work out a solution eventually, and not everyone is going to like it.
Yeah, I know. It's impossible to find a solution that is good for everyone. It's just a sh** situation for everyone. It's just.... if they do what I described my fav will be in serious trouble because he'll have 75 percent of his points to defend in the first two months, so... Ugh. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The ATP tour just announced that there will be updated rankings for March 16th, reflecting partial results of ITF tournaments played last week.

So Nadal and Fed crybabies can tell their grandkids that from March 16, 2020 to whenever there was no official number one player in the world.

·
Registered
995 Posts
That’s how I would see it happening, either that or they just give a fresh start for every tournament that was cancelled this year.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
it is what it is, no need to moan about something you can't change even if it sucks that nole can't extend his weeks on the top spot.
and as mentioned earlier: rankings freeze was the only sensible thing to do. there are much bigger problems ahead for society anyway.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
As things develop, we may wrap our heads around the fact that we may lose one year or more without any sports being played.

Maybe we can resume where we left off in February 2021 and erase that horrible year in our memories, but even this is maybe a bit too optimistic. The experts do not kid around that it takes 1 1/2 year to come up with a vacchine. And the aftershocks when the pandemic is "over" will be huge, the economy in total ruins.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The cancelled tournament's points should not drop until next time the tournament is played.

Nadal is going to lose a lot if they only dropped the clay points.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Injured Nadal took a set of Wawrinka. He was capable of playing competitive tennis as you saw. You saw how poor Wawrinka struggled playing against Nadal's mind games when the Spaniard could not accept that he was done and aint going to win that tournament for the next six years.

You are the first one calling me a clown and you know that I dont give a damn what you think of me cause you have zero respect and credibility nowadays. You created me. Do not forget that. My name was written by your pen.
Nady has a habit of feigning injury ("mind games"), 'refusaI to accept defeat' or what have u esp. vs non big 3 opponents outside CIay as we saw vs DeIpo in USO18, vs CiIic in AO18 & vs MueIIer in WB17 in addition to the Warwinka match. As for the arrogant poster, it’s a classic case of continuing living in denial after badly losing a lame AO bet.

·
Your visions will happen
46,916 Posts
282 it is then, I guess that is ok because that is all he was guaranteed going into IW. By the way, today would be R16 day at Indian Wells in an alternate universe. Scary how fast it all has happened. All depends on where we resume and if we keep the 2019 points until 2021, we will see

81 - 100 of 126 Posts