Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Big question now is what's up with Indian Wells 2019 points ????

Frozen until 2022 or dropped out ?

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts

Maybe a shortened version of IW/Miami with both lasting two weeks instead of four weeks as usually

·
Premium Member
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Maybe a shortened version of IW/Miami with both lasting two weeks instead of four weeks as usually
It was an option first but it is no Indian Wells on this Calendar.
That said it could be two consecutive tournaments in Miami lasting one week each.....

But would mean 48 to 64 players draws (instead of 96) and once again money for richer players....

And quite an unfair option for all the powerfull top spinners that can win matches in Indian Wells high bounce and windy conditions, but that will see their chances ruined on low bounce substituted Miami.

·
Your visions will happen
49,209 Posts
02/22 : Montpellier and Cordoba
03/01 : Rotterdam and Buenos Aires
03/08 : Marseille Santiago and Doha
03/15 : Dubai and Acapulco
03/24 : Miami (12 days until 04/04)

As expected, no Indian Wells....
Wow US tennis in heavy decline. Nice to see there will still be a Golden Swing though

No way, they must be dropped

Maybe IW can return after USO

It was an option first but it is no Indian Wells on this Calendar.
That said it could be two consecutive tournaments in Miami lasting one week each.....

But would mean 48 to 64 players draws (instead of 96) and once again money for richer players....

And quite an unfair option for all the powerfull top spinners that can win matches in Indian Wells high bounce and windy conditions, but that will see their chances ruined on low bounce substituted Miami.
No I see the regular Miami as normal, followed by the usual clay season

Prob no Davis Cup this year though

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
Looks sort of OK except for the lack of IW. Yeah I wonder what's next for this event? I doubt they'll play it in the 2nd half of the the year.

Here's hoping 2021 will be close to normal in terms of number of tournaments played.

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
Why can they play Miami but not Indian Wells? What's the difference? Can someone explain?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Wow US tennis in heavy decline. Nice to see there will still be a Golden Swing though

No way, they must be dropped

Maybe IW can return after USO

No I see the regular Miami as normal, followed by the usual clay season

Prob no Davis Cup this year though
Why must they be dropped? Surely they should be held until the tournament is played..

·
Premium Member
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I am Nadal, I am playing South America clay and then going back to Europe for clay, no Miami
Obviously Indian Wells who does favour his game is missing.... But there is no 500 this year on South American Clay Season so Acapulco with medium slow high bounce HC is a good pick for him....

Then who knpws what can be scheduled in Europe next Spring with Corona around and initial vaccination scheduled in May/June*....

So Miami is probably not a thing to skip before knowing.

* Before everbody jump at my throat like crocodiles saying aggressively that pro athletes will surely get the vaccine before it is on sale, I just answer MAYBE but crowds will not so Spring Clay Events will be with no or low crowd so we have to be cautious about what will happen and what will not.
Not sure all events can be organized with low crowd two years in a row (or being out of or low money as they cancelled last year edition).

·
Your visions will happen
49,209 Posts
Why must they be dropped? Surely they should be held until the tournament is played..
2 years now, enough is enough

Can't protect Federer forever

Obviously Indian Wells who does favour his game is missing.... But there is no 500 this year on South American Clay Season so Acapulco with medium slow high bounce HC is a good pick for him....

Then who knpws what can be scheduled in Europe next Spring with Corona around and initial vaccination scheduled in May/June*....

So Miami is probably not a thing to skip before knowing.

* Before everbody jump at my throat like crocodiles saying aggressively that pro athletes will surely get the vaccine before it is on sale, I just answer MAYBE but crowds will not so Spring Clay Events will be with no or low crowd so we have to be cautious about what will happen and what will not.
Not sure all events can be organized with low crowd two years in a row (or being out of or low money as they cancelled last year edition).
Hm well maybe Mexico and Miami will be ok

But how soon does MC start after Miami?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
As Acapulco points will still be frozen, he can also play either a 250 clay or a hard 500, rather Dubai than Rotterdam indoor.

I clarify that I do not like this calculation related to freezing points, but since it is, he can also benefit from it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts