Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations. Your Muffin has evolved into a Creme Brulee!

Quite a turnaround. Goffin folded under pressure at the end of the first despite having many break chances. Second and third much better hitting and returns. Dimitrov demons slayed?

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
david was simply unplayable in the last 2 sets. he mauled grigor's serve . actually it was that way from the start. i think he had break points in all but 2 of grigor's serve games from the start. first set though he couldnt serve. next 2 sets he was superb. i kept expecting him to fade away but he never did. im so surprised and so proud

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
This is probably the only result I care about in this meaningless semi-exho.
Bitter sweet victory for David after so many struggles and tortures in this match-up. I wish it would happen in WTF, not today, but he was too tired and nervous then.
I don't have many expectations for Australia, because of the weather he hates, but I hope for a better beginning of the year than 2019.

Reactions: Rumour

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Goffin really stepped it up in 2nd and 3rd set, one of the best return players on the tour no doubt.
it is not the question that he can produce this level, but it is very infrequent.. and his b-game is meh

Reactions: OverallForm

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think Grigor is having pain in his shoulder again, was watching on TV and they showed speed of serve was considerably decreasing from over 190km/h first set to 175km/h in the third avg speeds of course, he also seemed low on energy, idk.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
This is probably the only result I care about in this meaningless semi-exho.
Bitter sweet victory for David after so many struggles and tortures in this match-up. I wish it would happen in WTF, not today, but he was too tired and nervous then.
I don't have many expectations for Australia, because of the weather he hates, but I hope for a better beginning of the year than 2019.
Except if the fires continue and everything is moved indoors... (though ofcourse I hope the fires stop as soon as possible)

Reactions: Tonofdreams

·
Registered
401 Posts
David really stepped up after the first set. He deserved the win. But poor Grigor couldn't serve to save his life. I hope he can fix this problem soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts