Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nishioka was pretty darn amazing out there. Some of the passing shots we ooh and aah at when Nadal plays were the kind Nishioka was playing, off some tough approaches too. He is a very clever player who mixes patient play with some outstanding hitting, and made Nadal work hard to really get a hold of the match. In fact, Nishioka dominated the long rallies >9 shots winning over 60% of them! By his play standards, he should have won a set at least (Was up a break twice in set one, and also had break chances on two games in set 2). Nadal wasn't at his best, made a lot of uncharacteristic errors but largely because Nishioka's shots were so different from what he is used to, and often deceptive in their placement. Whoever went to this match got a treat.

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
Nishioka is a name nobody is going to want to see in their draw at the Australian Open. Guy can play.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Great match-up.Their encounter at Pulco was also good.Players always deliver high quality rallies

Reactions: MWW

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also figured Nadal also loves to talk about conditions in his post match interview. I think he used the word at least 4 times. :D
Heavy conditions...
I have to get used to the conditions...
Different conditions in Sydney.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Good fight from Nishioka who played well above his ranking. It’s a shame he choked the first set and couldn’t beat the moon baller despite being the better shot maker.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I also figured Nadal also loves to talk about conditions in his post match interview. I think he used the word at least 4 times. :D
Heavy conditions...
I have to get used to the conditions...
Different conditions in Sydney.
One of Dull’s excuses when he gets exposed or doesn’t perform to “his standards”.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts