Mens Tennis Forums banner

ATP: Weeks at No.1 to Remain Frozen Until Tour Resumes ...

• Agree

• Disagree

• Don't know or don't care.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you think about this?

Clarification: Do you think that as a matter of principle, rankings (& weeks at..) should be frozen or should have been frozen when the pro tour is in hiatus, for any reason?

In other words, when there are no pro tour tournaments being played, and thus no possibility for anyone to earn points, should rankings not be updated and weeks not change until tournaments resume? “You have to play the matches to win and you can’t get credit for matches you don’t play; or for matches that other people don’t play. "

Do you agree with the precedent that has been set?

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Is this happening again? Why? It kind of makes sense, but they should do it every tear. Nole tards will be furious if true, and honestly can't blame them

·
King Of Tennis
3,238 Posts
Why would they freeze the rankings again when there's still pro events with ATP points attached to them happening every week? Please explain the logic to me because I am legitimately curious.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Why would they freeze the rankings again when there's still pro events with ATP points attached to them happening every week? Please explain the logic to me because I am legitimately curious.
So the tards are suddenly interested in logic :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Does Federer care? I think I know whether or not Federer cares, at this point. There's the answer.

·
King Of Tennis
3,238 Posts
So the tards are suddenly interested in logic :rolleyes:
If someone wants to give me a reason why the ATP rankings should be frozen in a period when there are pro events with ATP points attached to them happening every week then I'd love to hear the rationale. Clearly you came up empty but we could say that about your posts in general.

·
Registered
723 Posts
That's such BS, and I'm a Federer fan. The ranking always reflected the last 52 weeks, even when player did not go to Australia, so basically had only 3 slams each year.
Manipulating the numbers by some bureaucrats doesn't change the reality, in which Djokovic has the best results in the last 52 weeks.
Otherwise all records has no meaning...

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Good. Should not have been restarted until we have 52 weeks of play in to restart the rankings.

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like there may be some confusion about my Original Post. I have hopefully clarified it in the OP.

Also, rankings are not for the present on a 52 week schedule, as of Oct 2020, they are now on a 24 month schedule (104 weeks) according to ATP. That's through and including the week of Mar 1. Looks like RAFA got his wish... ;)

Respectfully,
masterclass

1 - 11 of 11 Posts