Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about it.... If Roger is sucking ass in this tournament and still make the final, it should tell all of us that the current ATP players suck big time. Why is Roger in the finals when he has played so poorly? Why has no one beaten him? It has to be the quality of the rest of the players. It's just ridiculous that no one can seem to challenge Federer with the exception of Nadal.

ATP players need to step it up and challenge Federer. Get your ass in the gym, work on your techniques. It's becomming a joke in my opinion. I know those ATP players are embarrased when they continue to lose to Federer.

People will probably get upset with me for saying this but you know it's true.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,460 Posts
I don't think you really understand how good of a player Roger is. Even a rusty as hell Roger can beat MANY players. Mind you Roger really didn't face anybody big so far in Cincinatti, but considering the mental letdowns both his possible opponents have vs him (Roddick/Hewitt) he'll likely come out the winner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
One of the most retarded posts I've read so far
 

·
Fed Fo Mod
Joined
·
11,233 Posts
hink about it.... If Roger is sucking ass in this tournament and still make the final, it should tell all of us that the current ATP players suck big time.
Have you thought about the fact that maybe this tells you how great Federer is?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,139 Posts
Yea, see Roger played bad for Roger that's pretty damn good for everyone else....well not really, see Roger blows some stuff here and there but basically when it's crunch time he turns it on like a champ...if he didn't we wouldn't be talking about him at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Yes and No to the thread starter's proposition.

Yes, in that a lot of players seem to be very mentally frail against Federer. Federer has won probably three matches this week when playing very crap by being much stronger mentally that his opposition.

BUT Roger had a pretty comfortable draw all things considered. If he got Berdych in the first round, in this type of form, he probably would have lost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,359 Posts
Just to let you know Naldo, Haas has 7 titles, not 9.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
Tennis as a whole is a joke. It's extremely poorly organised, and a decreasing number of kids pick up a racquet.

When a player wins every tournament he attends, you now the sports' potential hasn't been reached.
Unlike table tennis; where the world number one struggles to beat the world no. 250.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oneandonlyhsn said:
One of the most retarded posts I've read so far
What's so retarded about this post? It's the damn truth and you know it. You are the one that's fucking retarded.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,460 Posts
Sjengster said:
Just to let you know Naldo, Haas has 7 titles, not 9.
Thanks, must have completely read it wrong when I checked it on the atp site.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
mp3junkie said:
Think about it.... If Roger is sucking ass in this tournament and still make the final, it should tell all of us that the current ATP players suck big time. Why is Roger in the finals when he has played so poorly? Why has no one beaten him? It has to be the quality of the rest of the players. It's just ridiculous that no one can seem to challenge Federer with the exception of Nadal.

ATP players need to step it up and challenge Federer. Get your ass in the gym, work on your techniques. It's becomming a joke in my opinion. I know those ATP players are embarrased when they continue to lose to Federer.

People will probably get upset with me for saying this but you know it's true.
what the hell are you so pissed off about? did you lose a bet? If it's so easy, why don't you give it a shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
uNIVERSE mAN said:
what the hell are you so pissed off about? did you lose a bet? If it's so easy, why don't you give it a shot.
I am not pissed at all. It's just frustrating to know that everytime players come up against Roger, they know that they are going to lose to him. I just want them to step it up and perform better against Federer. It just tells you something about the tour when Roger is playing at 50 to 60% and still will win this tournament. See, Roger will stomp all over Roddick because he does not have any weapons to challenge Roger at all. It's sad because Roddick is considered an elite player but can never win againt Federer ever.

Wouldn't you be embarrased or upset to lose to a player time and time again...Never winning the big trophy....Always second fiddle. I don't care what the players say in public, I know they are pissed that they are unable to do anything to challenge Federer.

This is my position and I will not be convinced otherwise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Winning when you're playing like shit is what makes a champion a champion. As someone that's watched Serena Williams play (who USED to be the dominating-like Federer of women's tennis) it was quite apparent that she would often be playing like total crap, even against top players, and be able to fight and pull off a win like Federer has been doing this tournament.

It's what the best players are capable of: finding a way. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what TRULY separates someone like Federer from someone like Roddick. It's not ALL in the TENNIS ability, but in the mindset of the player. Roger's stronger mentally than anyone out there, IMO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,593 Posts
Yes, in that a lot of players seem to be very mentally frail against Federer. Federer has won probably three matches this week when playing very crap by being much stronger mentally that his opposition.

BUT Roger had a pretty comfortable draw all things considered. If he got Berdych in the first round, in this type of form, he probably would have lost.
As someone said the best, the mentally strong, find a way to win. But if anyone studied the draw when it first came out you had Rafa, Roddick, Henman, Hewitt all on one side of the draw. The other side had Federer and Safin. Rafa drew Berdych in the first round. Fatigue cost him the match but it still went three sets and a rested Rafa would've won. Nothing against Federer, on his worst days he can outplay almost everyone, but he was given a cakewalk to the Final. Only Safin stood in his way.

I hope the US Open seeds more fairly and doesn't stack the deck against Rafa or anyone else for that matter. When you have cupcake draws the winner is always suspect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
no, fed is that good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,530 Posts
Fed hasn't played any great players in Cincy but now if he plays the same he will lose to Roddick but i think he will up his game when he needs to to. The mark of a true champion is to play badly and still grind out the results.
 

·
Miss Thang
Joined
·
36,083 Posts
Paialii said:
Winning when you're playing like shit is what makes a champion a champion. As someone that's watched Serena Williams play (who USED to be the dominating-like Federer of women's tennis) it was quite apparent that she would often be playing like total crap, even against top players, and be able to fight and pull off a win like Federer has been doing this tournament.

It's what the best players are capable of: finding a way. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what TRULY separates someone like Federer from someone like Roddick. It's not ALL in the TENNIS ability, but in the mindset of the player. Roger's stronger mentally than anyone out there, IMO.
Couldn't agree more.
 

·
1,000 Baby!
Joined
·
19,909 Posts
Roger was given a cakewalk to the final, just like Rafa was in Montreal. Andy won't be a cakewalk today, especially with Roger's crappy return game this week. But I'm sure CBS was hoping for a Fed/Roddick final.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,133 Posts
My God, some people are never satisfied!
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top