1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
63,938 Posts
Not a fan at all tbh, part of tennis's charm is the on the spot problem solving. This removes that.

Between this, killing Davis Cup, getting rid of 5th set ad sets, and nearly all Masters becoming 2 weeks, ITF/ATP have removed a good portion of tennis's unique personality without adding anything that might attract more casual fans at all.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I'm actually happy they are trialing it. It's one of those things that we need to see in action over a sustained period before forming a strong opinion one way or the other.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is terrible for tennis. However, Tsitsipas must be thinking "I can win the US Open thanks dad!" I really hope this fails spectacularly but pandora's box is now open.

·
Registered
25,444 Posts
Disgusting dumbing down of the sport, maybe they should also allow the mothers of players to come on court and cuddle them when they are going through a rough patch?

I'm certain we will live to see the day they switch to Fast4

·
Registered
256 Posts
It exists in all sports, why not tennis I don’t get it. I think this is good
Most sports are team sports. Tennis is one of the few individual sports left and that's what makes it unique. The player who wins the match spotted the patterns of play, solved the puzzle and applied the correct strategies himself (for the most part, because some players can just ball bash to victory).

But introduce a coach in the middle of a match and now it becomes a team sport. Credit for the win is partially taken away from the player and possibly the best player on the day didn't win, but the player with the coach who is better at reading the game.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
This will help players with low IQ or inexperienced players who can't figure things out for themselves during a match. This should actually help with players choking. Bad for Novak and Rafa and great for a lot of others.

·
Registered
Federer
3,918 Posts
This will help players with low IQ or inexperienced players who can't figure things out for themselves during a match. This should actually help with players choking. Bad for Novak and Rafa and great for a lot of others.
Novax and Ralph have been doing it forever

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
Well, with the way youngsters are treating their own teams, I can see this backfiring to some of them .

It's easier to asign blame outside , now they can do it . Yell, Insult, throw them out

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It will become bollocks when Apostolos is sitting there with an ipad telling Stef that everyone is serving to his backhand when they need the point.

Where does it stop?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Not good,but tbh not that bad....As long as slams r BO5 it is all good.When they will down slams to BO3 in first 4 rounds,then yeah,it will be the nail in the coffin

• Sad
Reactions: Just A Casual
1 - 20 of 63 Posts