Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hewitt fan defeats Nadal fan. Quite entertaining stuff. Absolutely amazing MP saved by Munar in the 4th set and celebrations straight from Nadal's book (he saved 5 MPs!). Can't get used to this format: 2nd and 3rd set ended before I realized what's going on. At 40-0 the commentator said "4 MPs" and I was like what the hell is he talking about? He also described the match as "marathon" after 1h50min :lol: I like Minotaur's game.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Alex should've won way easier tbh, glad he still won it in the end

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
They're not fans, Nadal and Hewitt are mentoring them.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,606 Posts
At 40-0 the commentator said "4 MPs" and I was like what the hell is he talking about?
It's no ad scoring so deuce would be deciding pt, meaning a MP and BP simultaneously.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,606 Posts
Im very proud of Munar.
He is the next Spanish Star.
He's a bit under the radar

But that's a good thing. Spanish tennis needs new blood as the legends won't be around for ever.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
A fun match that I didn't get to see! What was the deal about no TV coverage in the US? Since I had read it was a fast indoor court I expected Alex to win this match. I still like Munar, but a fast indoor court just isn't his best surface.

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
A fun match that I didn't get to see! What was the deal about no TV coverage in the US? Since I had read it was a fast indoor court I expected Alex to win this match. I still like Munar, but a fast indoor court just isn't his best surface.
I think Amazon bought this event. They're trialing a kind of sports network on Prime in the UK, I think this is one of their same forays into this in the US.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I think Amazon bought this event. They're trialing a kind of sports network on Prime in the UK, I think this is one of their same forays into this in the US.
Thanks so much for the information :) All these places where you can now watch things that used to be only on TV is kind of mind-blowing to me!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's no ad scoring so deuce would be deciding pt, meaning a MP and BP simultaneously.
It's a no brainer but I needed a while to recall that this scoring system is used here.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That score is such an eyesore. Here is a hope this shit change will never make out of these kids events.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts