Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This message is for anyone who has subscribed to the ATP masters series tv online service. Whether you did the daily/tournament or yearly pass. I was wondering if people could clarify a couple things for me about it cause I'm thinking of signing up.

1. if you sign up daily or just one tournament, what is your access to 'archives'
2. what is in the 'extensive video archive'? does that mean all matches they ever livestreamed for a tournament? or just certain select matches?
3. can 'live stream' be seen again later or is it just 'live' like it says and if you miss it, too bad?
4. if you later sign up for a yearly pass, do you get access to all old tournaments and only from that year you sign up?
5. is there a way to record the 'live stream' or 'archived' matches?

Thanks if anyone can help me out with these questions. Appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
1. Don't know. Have a yearly subscription
2. Certain select matches but there are also matches that you can buy for some small amount (just visit tennistorrents.com for these)
3. No (just live)
4. Don't know what you mean, but you get a 365 day sucscription basically. You can see all features of all previous tournament if that's what you mean.
5. Think there is, with the right software. Never tried it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you so much for all the answers. i searched and found the thread you are talking about. will go read it. thanks very much.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
1. if you sign up daily or just one tournament, what is your access to 'archives'
- don't know .. signed up for a year I am
2. what is in the 'extensive video archive'? does that mean all matches they ever livestreamed for a tournament? or just certain select matches?
- they have some of the recent masters finals available as downloads .. I haven't tried downloading them yet, so I don't know if they're edited or what (edit: there's an extra charge - see below)
3. can 'live stream' be seen again later or is it just 'live' like it says and if you miss it, too bad?
- it's live, but the final apparently is available for download later, but if you just sign up for a tournament your sub may run out by the time it's up - this is a good question
4. if you later sign up for a yearly pass, do you get access to all old tournaments and only from that year you sign up?
- their archives need work - what they have are highlight videos of all the masters events going back to about 2002 .. they also have edited 'classic matches' (shortened) .. they also have a few full matches from the past; not for download and shuffling within them is complicated .. the matches for download go back about a year if memory serves.
- don't know. I bet there is.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
List of downloads .. but as it turns out you have to pay 3 bucks extra for each.

- tennis masters 07
- Montreal 07
- Cincy 07
- Paris 07
- IW 07
- Miami 07
- MC 07

All final matches

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi cyborg,
thanks so much for your responses. so even YOU, who have paid, have to pay extra for these matches, the $3?? that is not fair if that is the case.
well you have convinced me that i do not want to sign up for it. i want to see certain players matches and cannot always be there live when it happens. so sounds like there is no good archives they have. so i would end up missing a lot of matches.
do you find that to be the case also?
anyways, i think i will not subscribe to it. thanks for the information.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
hi cyborg,
thanks so much for your responses. so even YOU, who have paid, have to pay extra for these matches, the $3?? that is not fair if that is the case.
well you have convinced me that i do not want to sign up for it. i want to see certain players matches and cannot always be there live when it happens. so sounds like there is no good archives they have. so i would end up missing a lot of matches.
I have a year-long subscription for the ATP Master Series tv service. It's a good service if you want to watch the live matches but the archives are indeed very limited. For early round matches there's only short summaries you can watch, so if you're mostly interested in specific player's matches, I don't think AMS-tv is the best solution.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
hi cyborg,
Yeah, the only service I recommend is the Wimbledon one. But it also has problems - none of the downloads are yours; they all expire after a while which is a bitch. But there are good archives there and as long as you have a subscription you can rewatch each and every match from round one to round seven.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, the only service I recommend is the Wimbledon one. But it also has problems - none of the downloads are yours; they all expire after a while which is a bitch. But there are good archives there and as long as you have a subscription you can rewatch each and every match from round one to round seven.
oh thanks. that is good to know. that is something i might be interested in. thanks a lot. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased the nadal/federer monte carlo matched and haven't been able to watch it...received a error message that the limit to the avaliable licenses for the match has been exceeded so I emailed them. Also for some reason the matches I bought previously Nadal/Nalbandian and Federer/ Djokovic do not play anymore and there was no indication when I bought them that the Licenses would expire..so a word of warning about what to expect.note I am not a suscriber and I don't think I'm likely to become one either.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
I've not had any problems this year so far with ATP MS TV. Good stuff. Robby Koenig is the the bomb.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts

Thanks if anyone can help me out with these questions. Appreciate it. :)
Of course there is.
If you have a subscription, you can record the matches with WM Recorder.
If you watch a free livestream, try Media Catcher or WM Capture

I agree the Wimbledon service is worth it's money and also Eurosport Player (for the other Slams) because they have the re-live matches feature and show multiple courts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just purchased the nadal/federer monte carlo matched and haven't been able to watch it...received a error message that the limit to the avaliable licenses for the match has been exceeded so I emailed them. Also for some reason the matches I bought previously Nadal/Nalbandian and Federer/ Djokovic do not play anymore and there was no indication when I bought them that the Licenses would expire..so a word of warning about what to expect.note I am not a suscriber and I don't think I'm likely to become one either.
yeah i think from what people have said. i will not order it either.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Of course there is.
If you have a subscription, you can record the matches with WM Recorder.
If you watch a free livestream, try Media Catcher or WM Capture

I agree the Wimbledon service is worth it's money and also Eurosport Player (for the other Slams) because they have the re-live matches feature and show multiple courts.
thank you. sounds like the wimbledon service is good. i will probably do that one when it's time. and the eurosport one i cannot do cause i live usa. darn. anybody know a good service for the other grandslams like the wimbledon one, where if you miss the livestream, you can later watch it? probably not. i would love to have one for roland garros really really want to see those matches. i guess i will have to rely on watching what i can on tv (very limited) and when people put up the matches for download.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
thank you. sounds like the wimbledon service is good. i will probably do that one when it's time. and the eurosport one i cannot do cause i live usa. darn. anybody know a good service for the other grandslams like the wimbledon one, where if you miss the livestream, you can later watch it? probably not. i would love to have one for roland garros really really want to see those matches. i guess i will have to rely on watching what i can on tv (very limited) and when people put up the matches for download.
What if you use a p r o x y ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i heard about it but i have no idea how to do it. sounds very complicated. requires a lot of knowledge about computer that i don't have. do you have a simple explanation of how to 'use a *****?' thanks if you can help me.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
I'm afraid I'm not much of an expert myself, but Karin (Buffoonette) might be able to help you.
I think she used it some time ago and someone explained her how to do it in a pm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts