Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok, thanks a lot for clarification.
So I made a mistake of hand calculation for Lorenzi by 4 games ... :surprise:
In any case I wanted to watch Kei and Milos for exemption-privilege evolution.
I will follow OER for further inquiries.

Thanks,
Rei

·
Rankings Master
15,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Sorry, a glitch blocked the list from being updated to 2018 data. Refreshing now, as soon as I have the 2018 values, it will be placed on OER.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Slasher GOAT :worship:

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,905 Posts
You can see it on OER (use my sig to access).
Slasher, your website shows Murray and Wawrinka are "no longer eligible for any exemption past the currently loaded ranking date." But don't they meet all three criteria and are thus completely exempt?

·
Rankings Master
15,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Slasher, your website shows Murray and Wawrinka are "no longer eligible for any exemption past the currently loaded ranking date." But don't they meet all three criteria and are thus completely exempt?
Financial wise, they are. Rankings wise, a maximum of 3 exists, after which, they will get 0 pt penalties regardless.

·
23,016 Posts
Yup, always remember -- no commitment means the contractual obligations players in Masters have, but does not fully exempt mandatory points.

However, seeing how low ranked they are right now for the following Masters, it's not mandatory to play in them, unless they take a WC or use PR (like Murray in Canada) in which they had to count that tournament.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,905 Posts
Financial wise, they are. Rankings wise, a maximum of 3 exists, after which, they will get 0 pt penalties regardless.
I'm still a bit confused. How is the zero point penalty different from earning zero points in that tournament by withdrawing without any penalty being assessed?

Also, I found this in the rulebook (page 167):

Exceptions.

The player will not have the suspension or ranking penalty assessed if he qualifies for a reduction in his 1000 commitment and he withdraws prior to the withdrawal deadline and he did not withdraw in any manner from the same event the previous year.
I can't seem to find the maximum of 3 withdrawals?

·
23,016 Posts
@VictorP Check post #5 and read them together -- they are AND clauses.

Also, if a player withdraws from the Main Draw before matchday but after the draw was released, it is a late withdrawal and would still incur a PN (was the case with Dolgopolov this year).

41 - 52 of 52 Posts