Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge win/result for the young Swiss (23).
Hüsler is a leftie and plays with some good spin on the forehand.
Fognini was not able to move properly (injury) and was very rusty.
F. Lopez played 3 hours so there will be a chance for Hüsler tomorrow in his 1st ATP QF.
Kitzbühel has a limited number of 1,900 viewers, who can watch.
Today there were 1,000 spectators on centre court.

·
Registered
11,859 Posts
Huesler is playing some good tennis this week, he has a good serve and forehand. Think he can reach top 100 sometime. I still think he will have better results on fast courts though.
Don't know what to make of Fabio's comeback, didn't look good. I hope he was just protecting himself and not forcing things, movement was really bad. Maybe he reaches a competitive level before Roland Garros.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
I see a splendorous career ahead for Clowngnini at Futures.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I know there were many looking forward to this match in Kitz, but here we go. Fogna was clearly and badly out of form, with basically everything lacking in his movement, which then again directly affected all areas of his game.

All I can hope is that he gets it together while the season still continues on clay. He can be such a joy to watch when he's on and playing well.

·
MONSOON season.
82,211 Posts
WTF? I've seen Hüsler play and thought he could have a good doubles career, but wouldn't do much in singles. Unless he improved very rapidly, this must be Fognini clowning around.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Fabio, perche? 😭

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
LoL I even won some pocket money on this 🤣🤡

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Huge win/result for the young Swiss (23).
Hüsler is a leftie and plays with some good spin on the forehand.
Fognini was not able to move properly (injury) and was very rusty.
F. Lopez played 3 hours so there will be a chance for Hüsler tomorrow in his 1st ATP QF.
Kitzbühel has a limited number of 1,900 viewers, who can watch.
Today there were 1,000 spectators on centre court.
24 is not that young and Ivan Ljubicic, today, would have pumped Fabio Fognini.

·
MONSOON season.
82,211 Posts
Mocking Fabio for this loss is very low. This is his first match after surgery. It might take him some time to get back in the groove.
If he's not ready to compete, he shouldn't be entering tournaments.

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I thought Fognini might not be ready for this one, but I didn't think it was gonna be as bad as this.

This is getting better and better for Hüsler. A massive step in his career, and I think he'll have his chances against Lopez as well.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Fog also coming off double ankle surgery so prob still needs some time
I see not many were aware of this.
There may indeed have been some not aware of this fact, but still even if fully aware of what he's gone through, I have to say I was expecting a bit more from him today. When exactly the surgery/surgeries took place that I can't say, but I did trust he'd had some time to recover, as he chose to play in Kitzbühel.

Most likely it was just my fault to expect too much too early from him though. I guess, and at the same time I hope, that Fogna was more or less just testing his current level here and trying to get some sort of an idea what it takes to get back to a competitive level again.

Mocking Fabio for this loss is very low. This is his first match after surgery. It might take him some time to get back in the groove.
Quite right. You have to be humble enough to go through that stage as well in tennis (ok, we've seen some comebacks pretty much out of nowhere, but that has meant that the player in question has taken a long time off and hired practice partners playing countless hours with them before returning to the tour) so nothing to be embarrassed about in doing so.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts