Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So many words can be used to refer to this match: Peak WTA muggery, clown circus, Heart-Attackerer, televised heart attack, watching Federer was a mistake etc.
But I have to say this though, props to Coric, he made me almost shit my pants, played like he was possessed by Djokovic, sending balls back in play like it was nobody's business, and stuck to a working strategy which was hitting to Federer's BH whenever he could.
Federer, on the other hand, was so erratic and undercooked after the 10th game, started both 2nd and 3rd sets down a break, spraying errors and netting routine volleys, shouting at his own errors, yet at the same time channeling Nadal's mental toughness.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Borna Coric is the best player in the world.

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
Coric :lol:

Federer was bad at times, too. But....Coric :lol: Up a break in the 2nd and twice in the 3rd, and just simply imploded.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Well, might seem as wrong and unjust as they come, given the two's game plans today, but lesson learned:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

When the moment came to prove his worthyness, to prove his manhood, and WIN, Coric faltered. He wilted. Folded like a piece of paper.

He had multiple shots to take home a comfortable 5-3 lead, but his mind could not handle it. Afraid of winning in it's most typical form.

Federer sat back and allowed the outcome of the match to be on his opponent's racquet. A loser's recipe, but to his luck, current competition is full of weak-minded ones, and so Coric did the deed for him.

·
Premium Member
20,461 Posts
This match is so enjoyable. A weak player like coric absolutely anniliating him. I dont think coric will bottle it like some other players. Come on!!!!
Coric has got this. Federer cannot handle coric's ground game. Coric is just too good for federer. Break incoming. This is too easy. Ha ha
Too easy. Coric destroying this so called goat. Ha ha ha.
Federer being given a tennis lesson here. This is humiliating. I am loving it.
I am hoping coric gets del potro in the final. This easy win could save coric energy.
Bye bye federer. Ha ha
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
What a mess. But what a fighter daddy is! Happy for him.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Yep Federer hustled that one. Can see Del Potro beating him if he dosen't raise this level.

Unlucky Coric, loved how he played generally on Federer's service games. Took the game to him and left it all out there. Won me a bit of money which helps aswell.

Will keep a look out for him rest of the year, made me a fan today.

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Thanks God, He's already the most hated player on MTF, can you imagine if he won, MTF server would have broken from the hate.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Wow, weaponless "pusher" so close to beating an all-court maestro? MTF dodged a bullet and Borna avoided...a serious injury. Would be hilarious to see reactions here if he had won.

1 - 20 of 312 Posts