Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
That was not a loss, it was a total embarrassment. Brown was toying with him.

... I remember the camera during the match showing tournament director Gerry Weber's face in the crowd looking disgusted at having (reportedly) payed Nadal $500,000 from memory to play the event and watching his 'drawcard' getting the tar beaten out of him.

Damn I wish I save that pic and from memory I think it was around when Brown was leading 6-4,5-1 or thereabouts.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Miami is the odd one, not surprising he hasn't won the other two, Paris is slow but indoors, does't reward spin, and Shanghai has one of the fastest surfaces.
Miami is the odd one, not surprising he hasn't won the other two, Paris is slow but indoors, does't reward spin, and Shanghai has one of the fastest surfaces.
Paris is CPI cat. 3 or medium fast(er) than both USO & Miami, where nothing odd about Iosing aII to Fedovic except Davydenko, who's pigeon he was anyway.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
double post

·
Banned
693 Posts
WTFs are important, as much as GSs I would say. People might disagree, but that's my opinion.
However, few other stats will be more important at the end:
1. Weeks at #1 (Novak will have that)
2. # of GS titles (Novak will have 21)
3. Career Masters (Only Novak has it).
4. 4-in-a-row GSs (Year round GS champion - Novak and only Novak).
5. H2H stats (Novak Djokovic will dominate both Rafa and Fed, even more than he is now).

There are some other stats (all in Novak's favor of course), but there's no need to mention them.
Is it really important if Rafa never won WTF? Or that Fed got a few? I don't think so - the only important thing is that Novak Djokovic is the GOAT of tennis, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Not saying that Nadal doesn't want to win WTF at all, but I would definitely say that he wouldn't trade even a single RG for 10 WTFs. So who cares about WTF? Nadal pretty much doesn't, which is why his level of play is bellow his standards on this event. Djokovic also doesn't care very much, which is why he lost to Zverev. Only certain Swiss gives his all at this forced event.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Paris is CPI cat. 3 or medium fast(er) than both USO & Miami, where nothing odd about Iosing aII to Fedovic except Davydenko, who's pigeon he was anyway.
I meant it's odd he didn't win in 2005-2010 era, should have won in 2005 he was robbed a key point late in the third set.

·
Registered
286 Posts
No one gives a fuck bar pressed and frustrated rabid Fedtards.

Big3 biggest flaw is this:

10-4 Nadal-Fed GS H2H
24-16 Nadal-Fed H2H

Plus the octopous in the Sahara level of uselessness at RG and the uncanny ability to lose GS F after 40-15.
How does a H2H record (which gives no trophies/awards/recognition) mean more than an actual prestigious tournament with a trophy??? Nadulltards clowning as usual

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I meant it's odd he didn't win in 2005-2010 era, should have won in 2005 he was robbed a key point late in the third set.
U want to talk about “robbed”; i’d put 2013 FO SF net penalty that changed the entire complexion of a Major along w/ the top of biggest swing calls, costing a potential DCGS.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
U want to talk about “robbed”; i’d put 2013 FO SF net penalty that changed the entire complexion of a Major along w/ the top of biggest swing calls, costing a potential DCGS.
Not sure why you would say it was a robbery, it was very bad fortune on a key point indeed.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
One of the biggest ticky tack calls in majors history which in no way affected the point & if u think they would call the same penalty against Nadal at RG or Fed at WB, i’ve got some sand to sell u from the Sahara.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
One of the biggest ticky tack calls in majors history which in no way affected the point & if u think they would call the same penalty against Nadal at RG or Fed at WB, i’ve got some sand to sell u from the Sahara.
So a Djoketard believes in conspiracy theories, surprise surprise :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
My point is simply that Novak’s thigh touching the net occurred long after the ball hit the opponent’s side, in no way affecting the point which u could clearly see Nadal had stopped & conceded the point even before Novak’s body touched net. Of course, then he would slyly point at the net when he knew Novak might b penalized. BS majors call if there ever was one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My point is simply that Novak’s thigh touching the net occurred long after the ball hit the opponent’s side, in no way affecting the point which u could clearly see Nadal had stopped & conceded the point even before Novak’s body touched net. Of course, then he would slyly point at the net when he knew Novak might b penalized. BS majors call if there ever was one.
The rule says that you can't touch the net before the ball has bounced twice. As simple as that. When this incident occurred, the referee was spontaneous in his decision, and there was no deliberation in response to Rafa's gesture. Even the commentators were spontaneous in mentioning that Djokovic had lost the point. Of course, tards cannot handle it, I understand.

For your information, there was no way Djokovic could have played that point the way he did (to score a winner) without touching the net.

If it helps float your boat, then of course, you are very welcome to hold on to your beliefs.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The rule says that you can't touch the net before the ball has bounced twice. As simple as that. When this incident occurred, the referee was spontaneous in his decision, and there was no deliberation in response to Rafa's gesture. Even the commentators were spontaneous in mentioning that Djokovic had lost the point. Of course, tards cannot handle it, I understand.

For your information, there was no way Djokovic could have played that point the way he did (to score a winner) without touching the net.

If it helps float your boat, then of course, you are very welcome to hold on to your beliefs.
So u just helped me prove the point that his momentum caused the contact w/ the net & nothing else & it was in the umpire’s discretion to realise the circumstances that body touching net had no bearing on the point which anyone could clearly see Nadal had conceded. I could understand it if his body helped placement of the ball w/ net contact prior to it hitting opponent’s side but this clearly didn’t occur.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So u just helped me prove the point that his momentum caused the contact w/ the net & nothing else & it was in the umpire’s discretion to realise the circumstances that body touching net had no bearing on the point which anyone could clearly see Nadal had conceded. I could understand it if his body helped placement of the ball w/ net contact prior to it hitting opponent’s side but this clearly didn’t occur.
Nope, I didn't prove your point, mate, cause you haven't got one. What I stated was that the umpire went by the rule book, and that Djoko had no business wading into the net like he did.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
U don’t understand logic very well but then neither does ITF/ATP/Majors in how these rules and/or violations r enforced. I’m sure u would have felt exactly the same had it happened to Nadal whose momentum was disrupted only to go on to lose ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
U don’t understand logic very well but then neither does ITF/ATP/Majors in how these rules and/or violations r enforced. I’m sure u would have felt exactly the same had it happened to Nadal whose momentum was disrupted only to go on to lose ;)
Yeah sure, the ATP, the commentators, and all except the most tardiest of Djokotards don't understand logic 😊....... Sure, if it helps float your boat ...

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
You seem like the type that would believe the “commentators”, media, homers et al before your own 👀 but then I’m assuming you’re comfortably in denial on this one since Nadal is one of the ‘media darlings’.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts