Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 166 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
1/11 on converted break point !!! Once again a blatant exemple of a huge lack of c.j.nes

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I’m still in glee over that win vs Djokovic 2 days ago to be salty over this match.

Tsitsipas deserves it. He’s too good of a player to not win a big title yet. It was still a somewhat positive tournament for Federer. He protected his records.
You know the best way to protect his records? To actually win the damn tournament and enhance his records.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Totally deserved win for Tsitsipas. Very well done! Lifted his game after the enjoyable Nadal match. He really forced Federer to play subpar. It's good for men's tennis he will be able to compete for the trophy tomorrow. Federer can be proud. Another SF after a tough group is quite remarkable at 38.

The usual tards are having their fun and are still not able to respect legends of the game. MTF at its worst.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
By the way a random fact just crossed my mind. Rafa (2-1) actually finished with the better WTF record out of the Big 3 this year. (Roger 2-2) | (Novak 1-2)

Has this ever happened in the past ?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Totally deserved win for Tsitsipas. Very well done! Lifted his game after the enjoyable Nadal match. He really forced Federer to play subpar. It's good for men's tennis he will be able to compete for the trophy tomorrow. Federer can be proud. Another SF after a tough group is quite remarkable at 38.

The usual tards are having their fun and are still not able to respect legends of the game. MTF at its worst.
You wrote different the other day and disrespected another great champion like Novak so what do you expect?

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Fed was as terrible as in his first two matches here, really wonder where that performance against Djokovic came from.

Don't think the BP conversion rate comes from nowhere, it's pretty much the third time he struggles hard to break Tsitsipas this season (consider their Basel match as a part of that). Tsitsipas has a similar balance strokewise than Fed but hits heavier and with higher margins on both wings, so Federer is the one who has to come up with something above his standart rallying level to force something here.
Since Tsitsipas is very clutch, he will just construct the points down in case Federer stays passive. And Fred obviously isn't the guy who lifts his level on BPs, he mostly gets even worse when the first BPs go away.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Inspiring performance by Tsitsipas. Federer struggled with pace, similarly to his RR1 match.
Hopefully Stef takes it all. He stormed into top 5 and not only acts but also plays like he belongs there. So gutsy. At one point they showed the stats of his court position. 23% inside the baseline during regular points and 57% when facing BP's. That's how you beat the best.

Roger... Well, he did better than in Australia. 1/12 > 0/12. :p

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
As I have said for many years now, Fed without his serve is naked. He is shankerer.
All credit to TSitsi though, for playing so well, being so clutch, but Fed was easy pickins.

Such a shame about Rafa being out with the same win/loss record that the rest of them came in with. He would have made roadkill of fed today.

Nice to see that Federistas O2 crowd denied! Commies as usual getting depressed and deflated as a fed loss materializes; using words like "magnificence" for Fed when ever possible (not for Tsitsi) no wonder so many clueless tennis fans love Fed the most--they are told to nonstop by commies.

But even I got to cheer for Fed, against Djok, here. His serve was so on that match, and djok just couldn't be bothered staging any true resistance by the 2nd set.

Well a tsi tsi thiem final would make me quite happy.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Obnoxious London crowd disappointed for the second time
While watching the end of the match I suddenly remembered how they booed Sasha Zverev last year, I think many forgot that because Sasha is not the most popular player but that was shameful to see regardless.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Federer did not deserve the win today too many errors, too low 1st serve % and Tsitsipas was clutch congrats to him.

·
Registered
999 Posts
roger gave it all against djoker, even if he didn't need to since novak was bad.
Congrats to the Greek, he had a breakthrough season and he is finishing it on a high note, would be great for him to win it all. While I am not a fan of his its great to see youngsters dominate a big tournament, hopefully next season they can bring it to the majors and finally win at least one.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
New blood is coming! Stef was genuinely so happy after this match and it's most important for me.

Except of truly epic the last game of the 1st set, the quality was low, especially from Roger in the 2nd set, but I still enjoyed this match as I love watching both of them.

Stefanos confidence-wise is peaking right now, winning almost all important points, even if his level of tennis isn't that high, he is so dangerous for everybody here.

Roger FH, also the play under the pressure let him down dramatically today.
His age just doesn't let him performing inspiring tennis for a long periods of time.

Reactions: Rumour and guitarra

·
Registered
486 Posts
That was hugely upsetting....but not to be unexpected with the vagaries and entropy of age. A huge let down for Fed today, one of his worst serving performances of the year....and poor returning day. He lost the first set being clearly the more capable player and then things got really bad....I felt like he hit the panic button and was all over the place in terms of tactics. So many chances wasted through non-commitment and poor shot selection.

Hard to watch, knowing that in his pomp....indoors...with the 90" frame...this is the kind of match Fed would have won 2 & 2. Everything fell apart from the serve down....and he was too passive, especially in exploiting Tsisipas' deep playing position with the short angles - a staple of Fed's indoor dominance of yore. Also, he couldn't get his feet under him today and his timing was poor. Thursday, he moved like a panther.

It would be poor to not to also credit Tsitsipas....very solid with superb movement. His speed is going to form the basis of his threat to the top guys as they age from here. If he works on his serve to make it a more reliable weapon, he will be very hard to stop.

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
You know the best way to protect his records? To actually win the damn tournament and enhance his records.
Hes 38 years old, he won this tournament 6 times. He can’t keep winning forever. I’m sorry but this type of results should be happening. A top young player should be beating a 38 yo player at the big stages. I love Federer but the big 3 have overstayed their domination, and for the sake of tennis, it should end soon.

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
Good to see the djokotards letting their hate flow through in this thread and being all salty.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Hes 38 years old, he won this tournament 6 times. He can’t keep winning forever. I’m sorry but this type of results should be happening. A top young player should be beating a 38 yo player at the big stages. I love Federer but the big 3 have overstayed their domination, and for the sake of tennis, it should end soon.
I dont think overstayed domination exists when its earned, but this Federer should be beaten, yes.

Reactions: 2MatchPointsDown
41 - 60 of 166 Posts