Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Forehanderrorer today in set 2, just unravelled. Tsitsipas kept his head in check and played pretty well not succumbing to the pressure. Best wishes in the final.
mate its time to merge

·
11,046 Posts
Tsitsipas's first strike tennis is a thing of beauty.

He really plays the same attacking , all court tennis of Federer.... not as aesthetic, but really great tennis.

Great to see that he will carry on the torch for All-Court tennis

·
Registered
399 Posts
Federer needs to be more clutch on break point (his own and the opponent's). He was clutch at times but not when it mattered the most and that's why he lost today...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'm still a broken man. I can only apologize, people.

Whenever things don't go my way from the beginning, I'm starting to shit my pants. I guess it has something to do with my age. I'm an old fucker with way too many worries during a match.

We all wish for life to be full of rainbow shitting unicorns, but the ugly truth is that I may never recover from that Wimbledon final. Once the doubt is planted in my brain, my precice, atttacking brand of tennis is falling apart with the slightest hint of hesitation when it matters.

Will I ever get the believe back? I came back once from the death, as you may remember. But I think my time has finally come to let it all go.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Fuck yes, Stef!

His debut appearance and he makes the final and hasn't dropped a set.

As a Djokovic and Tsitsipas fan this was immensely satisfying on so many levels, none the moreso than silencing the horribly partisan crowd.

Ome more to go.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Knew this was coming :confused:

Stef matches up well against Roger and looking at how amazing he was yesterday against his nightmare match-up (Rafa) i knew he had really great chances for today.

This is the third consecutive WTF Semis Roger loses to a young underdog, i was really hoping for Fedal this time :mad:

Well, congrats to Tsitsipas (y) What a turn around after losing to Novak and Roger in Paris and Basel

·
Registered
6,084 Posts

LOL

Apart from the 1st set where Fed just missed BPs for fun,Federer had a really bad period at the start of set 2 on serve where he missed like 8/10 or something first serves in the games he was broken - too much pressure on his 2nd and Tsitsipas capitalized.
Forehand let him down big time.

Shame he didn't break back after that.

Thats now the 4th or 5th time he's lost winnable matches here.
2002,2005,2012(marginal),2017,2019
On to 2020-hopefully his luck is better next year

Congrats to Tsitsipas and his fans (y)
Hopefully Thiem wins it now

·
Registered
960 Posts
Amazing week for Tsitsipas, making the final on his debut. He's got a decent chance of winning the whole thing (y)

Federer just did not have it today. First set he served well but was unclutch, second set both the serve and forehand were falling apart. Disappointing performance, but I guess he'll have the Djokovic win as consolation.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
MWW is obviously online, its mistifying why he is not merging.

·
justice for all
15,151 Posts
Good match from Stefanos but of course not his best. Fortunately the long match with Nadal didn’t affect him that much and he recovered well. He is 21 after all and a young Greek god. But he was so very much clutch today. He showed again how strong mentally of a player he is. Has still many things in his game to improve but he’s definitely heading into the right direction. I won’t be surprised if he wins a slam next year. Congratulations to you Stef on reaching the biggest final of your career!

On the other hand, I’m sad for Roger who played really poorly today and deserved to lose. He missed maybe the last chance to win this event. Looks like the win over Djokovic took too much out of him mentally and physically and he just didn’t have much left for today. Anyway, a good tournament for him and the revenge vs Djokovic was an important event.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Crazy to think that one of three of my favorite players will win this event. Grats Stef! Unfortunately, not many good things to say for Roger here. Too much inconsistency in his form...one day he looks like he will win slams again....another day, it looks like he'll never get to a slam QF again. Time to get some rest and start preparation for Australia.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts

Karma for all the disgusting gloating from Fedtards the other night. The Wimbledon final will never be erased in the minds of you or your Fraud fave. It will haunt you forever.

40-15erer showing up again in that last game. ???1/12 on BPs in the match overall. Bye!
You're already living your karma for making fun of injuries and gloating. You're in for a lot of disappointment next year.

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
I’m still in glee over that win vs Djokovic 2 days ago to be salty over this match.

Tsitsipas deserves it. He’s too good of a player to not win a big title yet. It was still a somewhat positive tournament for Federer. He protected his records.

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
Federer deserved to lose this match with a pathetic break point conversion. He should be investigated for match fixing after the way he played the break points. He is a loser who can't win big tournaments anymore. Since winning the AO Open in 2018, he has only won one big title (Miami 2019). A couple of weeks ago in Basel, he destroyed Tsitsipas who didn't play any better in this match than he did in that match. But Basel is a small tournament, so Federer's fragile mentality can cope with it. But his fragile mentality can't cope with the pressures of winning big tournaments. I'm disgusted with Federer's performance. 3 years in a row where he lost in the SFs and in 2 of those years, both Nadal and Djokovic were already gone, so he had to beat a bunch of mugs to win the tournament and he fucks up. I hate the fact that my favourite player is such a weak mental mug.

Reactions: SetPointDown
21 - 40 of 166 Posts