Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiem reaches his first WTF Final

What a year he's having on Hard Courts(minus the illness caused slam disappointments)

Wasn't at his best here,but still got it done it straights.

Hopefully he schools Tsitsipas tomorrow.

Rich mans Benoit Paire did his bit for humanity by single-handedly saving tennis earlier this week.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
A moment of silence for the ticket holders of the Exhos in South America next week. The less that is said about this particular match the better.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,139 Posts
Tennis wins, should I say. Zverev botting hard but with nothing to show for it ? A new champion awaits. Final should be a cracking match and hopefully both are ready.

·
justice for all
14,524 Posts
Winning ugly tonight by Dominic but you know what? I'll take it! :)
Into your first final of ATP Finals now. Well done, man!
Dominic will need to up his game considerably tomorrow if he wants to beat Stefanos but he can do it!
Come on!!!! One more match, champion!!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Making the final while having a flu, not bad. But this level is not gonna cut it tomorrow, he should just go out and swing hard tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Good for the game, Thiem is so much better player than Zverev and so much more likeable. Dominic is playing well, this match was solid as well, nothing extraordinary but not bad at all. Tomorrow I will have an easy choice, it will be good vs evil in the final.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Domi not 100% physically with the flu, but mentally and with his firepower, he is far too much for Zverev at this stage.
i fully expect Demonic or even Orgasminic to turn up tomorrow and win in 3.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Bamos!!!

That wasn't a good match, but win is a win. Dominic finally learnt how to win ugly and play under the pressure with which he had so many problems before.

I hope he improves for the final, because I want to see a great match between two of players which I love to watch.
A dream final for me.

·
Premium Member
8,960 Posts
Come on Dominic! One more please.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Very competitive 1st set. Zverev even had BPs in two service games and looked a tad more solid. However, in the last game nerves got to him - he was frustrated already at 15-15 and it didn't help him during next points. Thiem was more composed. Even very high 1st serve % by Zverev (>80) didn't help him win the set.
The second set started competitively as well but in the middle of it another moment of crisis happened to Golden Boy, headlined by two Djokosmashes. Thiem didn't let this chance slip despite having some problems in his own games as well. Congrats to him on first final in this tournament. The match against Tsitsi could be a cracker.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Congrats Domi! Now take it all now. This Final wasn‘t to be expected!

As for my Sascha. A few weeks ago i couldn‘t imagine seeing him in the semis here. So it was a good way to end his season which was really hard for him. But it can‘t always Go up. Next Year will get better again. Enjoy the holidays. Onwards and upwards!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Ok fine I lied. I’m still fucking pissed about frauds Terrible performance...couldve been an exciting final.

instead we have to witness this overrated Greek...

this match was kinda boring. Lot of botting and mugging esp. On zverevs part. Both had an atrocious day with their forehands. The only guy whose forehand was fine today was tsitsipas. Anyway, come on dominic

·
Registered
21,703 Posts
A season to forget for Zverev. He legit looked like a servebot out there. Hopefully he fixes his 2nd serve next year and improve his tennis. He showed it he still has it vs Nadal this week. All a matter of consistently delivering.

Impressive week from Thiem and a fully deserved final. I hope Tsitsipas wins though

1 - 21 of 74 Posts