Mens Tennis Forums banner

?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nole not looking good so far,so i will go with Thiem!

Thiem to continue roasting B3!

·
Registered
17,739 Posts
Thiem will roast him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It would be a difficult for Novak in his peak form but given he has no BH, Thiem is winning this easily.

·
Registered
376 Posts
In theory Thiem is going to win, but last year Novak also played an average match against him and somehow they went to a third set tiebreak, I hope he raise the level, at least for being competitive, the normal thing would be Thiem winning, but don't rule out a Novak surprise

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
thiem to save tennis and send the vulture back to serbia

·
Banned
70,522 Posts

·
Banned
70,522 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,965 Posts
I am afraid this version of Djokovic is not able to threaten Thiem...

Galore of low speed second serve, nor power neither accuracy on baseline game....

He could suffer another painfull loss.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Thiem winning this would be the most normal thing. He's doing fine and I don't think Djokovic is at his best.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
Djokovic is 19-3 in his last 22 SFs (although Thiem was one of those 3). I wouldn't be too sure about writing him off.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Based on what we saw so far, thiem is the favorite. If djokovic peaks all of a sudden than we got a great match on our hands.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thiem should be a favourite here, though obviously you can't write off Djokovic. To me Djokovic has only looked 4th best so far in this tournament, behind Medvedev, Thiem, and probably even Nadal. Just not enough intent and penetration in his shots, bad shot selection, serve slightly shaky. Unless he raises his level, Thiem is going to take full advantage of all the attackable balls and he's probably not going to falter in important moments like Zverev.

It's pretty interesting though, having Nadal and Djokovic as the underdogs in the semis of a big tournament.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Djokovic will probably Win. Thiem played better last year and barely scraped through. He won’t get it done this time I fear

1 - 20 of 92 Posts