Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
28,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where has this Sascha been all year? Big clean serving and solid hitting off the ground. He also hit a few for the highlight reel. Didn't see that coming. Out of the 4 matches so far in the YEC, only Djokovic - Berrettini turned out the way people expected it to. ;)

Nadal? He was like MTF after the site update today. He had a bland, white look and was full of unforced errors.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
dedicated to Nadalalot and his fans (y)

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,877 Posts
Zverev too good for Rafa today :D

An important implication of this result, as far as the race for YE #1 is concerned, is that Djokovic once again controls his own destiny.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Nadal, Federer and Berrettini are the three biggest mugs in this tournament

·
The special one
13,494 Posts
We're definitely getting a repeat of last year's final between Novak and Zverev if Zverev keeps the level up the rest of the week. I don't even think Nadal was that bad, just too good from Zverev really.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Zverev hasn't won anything of significance in so long that I completely forgot about his obnoxious celebrations.. but congrats i guess

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't get it why Rafa plays this tournament? Just skip it. Who really care about it? His focus should be the next Grand Slam.

·
Your visions will happen
46,467 Posts
Better indoor hard court player won. Big serving, good playing from Zverev as he tries to defend his title.

Rafa, he is clearly not right with the abdominal, sure he was serve botting but his FH rotational was severely lacking. Some of those errors should not be missed by that much.

We will see if Rafa pulls out or if he can bounce back but we will see what's going on

·
Registered
182 Posts
"Dismisses,"... as if lol. All credit to Zverev, but you can hardly call this match legitimate, considering. Nadal hasn't fully recovered from winning the USO, plus a hangover from his wedding, plus he's injured. Really shouldn't have played this tournament at all, really. 😒

·
Registered
697 Posts
RBA already preparing for his match on wednesday i believe

·
Registered
380 Posts
Nadal far from competitive more than half this match - poor serve, very unsharp, just couldn't handle Zverev. Got something going towards the end, but too little, too late.

·
Registered
299 Posts
We're definitely getting a repeat of last year's final between Novak and Zverev if Zverev keeps the level up the rest of the week. I don't even think Nadal was that bad, just too good from Zverev really.
You said that with a straight face. His forehand was non-existence.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts