Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Very happy for Dominic :)

Btw this site now looks a lot like other forums I am on, faster and more practical. Loved it. But there are loads of bugs, they will fix it with time I am sure. Who knows why they waited till Nov 2019, better late than never I guess.

I especially loved dark mode option.

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
I'm sorry for ever doubting you Thiem, absolutely schillating stuff from him!
Let's win the tournament Domi!

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
The moment Novak gifted that re-break in the first the end result was NID. Murrayesque loss, he got hit off the court and employed no variety whatsoever. Novak's slam days are over, he is vulnerable to pretty much all the young guns in the draw and they are not afraid of him. Only Nadal and Federer really fear him.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Wow you have a lot of faith in your guy. Of the big-3 Federer has the most pessimistic fanbase by far. Djokovic really was nothing special today. Domi also made 47 errors and still won. Of course it’s going to be tough but it’s far from impossible.
thiem has already won the group btw. Fed and djoker play for second place
Dude, you are the one who trashtalks Federer every single time he plays. What are you talking abouy? You gotta be the most pessimistic fan of us all.

·
Registered
238 Posts
How can so many people in here talk of Thiem as prone to choking - when he is 15:2 in decisive sets this year?
Serving for the game against the best defensive player ever can`t be easy.

Since yesterday`s match you can count me in as a Djokovic-hater - those celebrations on UE of Thiem are unsportsmanlike!!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Djokovic did NOT play well at all. Thiem's game is ugly AF but he did what he had to do to win, I suppose. yawn
Lmao, Thiem played scintillating atacking tennis, what kind of nonsense are you typing there? Of course coming from a Dull fan, the atacking tennis is ulgy AF, only the moonballing is pleasant to the eye.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
How can so many people in here talk of Thiem as prone to choking - when he is 15:2 in decisive sets this year?

Since yesterday`s match you can count me in as a Djokovic-hater - those celebrations on UE of Thiem are unsportsmanlike!!
completely agree with first part, Thiem choke comments are a joke!
but i also completely disagree with second part. If you are playing outstanding defence and your opponent makes an error, you have every right to pump yourself up. We should be gratefull that this sport has great attackers and defenders to produce these kind of matches, but only attacking players are allowed to celebrate?

one thing i don't like about Djokovic though is when he is playing really well and his opponent crumbles (like Tsitsipas this year in Paris and Thiem in Rome 2017) he celebrates in this silly Alpha Male style which i really hate - he should be more humble. I coined the term Psychovic for myself because he sometimes comes accross as a bit of Psycho..

·
justice for all
15,763 Posts

MTF: „Djokovic is unbeatable on indoor HC”
Dominic: „Hold my towel”

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm sorry for ever doubting you Thiem, absolutely schillating stuff from him!
Let's win the tournament Domi!
i also doubted him. it was so frustrating to be a fan in these past years, bc we all knew what he could do if he just made the adjustments (that he now finally made..). i really gave up on him at some point, watching matches more relaxed and looking for other players to root for (for me, Tsitsi and Meddy, and i will continue to root for them, too..)
but Domi will always be Nr1 deep in my heart, such a lovely guy with a beast mode game

HUGE shoutout to @guitarra who was probably the only one here sticking with Domi all the way through, that is something special!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I went to sleep after the first set as I was really tired and when I woke up this morning I could hardly believe the result. This is really an excellent surprise! I am now starting to believe that Dominic could even win the whole thing! Come on Dominic!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The moment Novak gifted that re-break in the first the end result was NID. Murrayesque loss, he got hit off the court and employed no variety whatsoever. Novak's slam days are over, he is vulnerable to pretty much all the young guns in the draw and they are not afraid of him. Only Nadal and Federer really fear him.
I love it how posters here on MTF over react based on 1 match. Did he not just beat Tsitsipas and Shapovalov in Paris?

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Wow I cant think of superlatives good enough for this match. I love both of them, shame someone had to lose. Well done to both, congrats to Domi for the win. He's such a humble guy, credit to tennis.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
We have seen this before..Young contender outplaying Novak..All hail him..But what is actually happening is that Novak is sizing him up.And the next time Novak plays him, a mauling happens..

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thiem was monstrous. He really went for this victory on several keys: 1) A forehand shot taken much earlier, sometimes he played almost half-volley, 2) A backhand with less lift, taken flatter, 3) A backhand slice to break the Serb's backhand rhythm, 4) The volley, 5) Shifts forehand shot to get Djokovic out of the court, 6) An ultra-powerful long line backhand to make him back and finally 7) Very good returns Djokovic also made a solid match, showing himself as often this year, inconsistent, playing too much on the defensive. After that, it was excellent. With hindsight, I find that this tempers the whole hype on Djokovic (Hype to 1/2 deserved, I explain myself). Many say that the Serbian is the best player of the end of the season etc.... I think there are a lot of fire. We must not forget that since Wimbledon, it is defeats against Medvedev, Tsitsipas and therefore Thiem by taking the first set. With yes, a title at Bercy, but in the end, he took 2 titles against Millman and Shapovalov. It remains great, nothing to say, but I don't find his domination so clear that they want us to believe it, it's not as if he was undefeated since Wimbledon. And for me, since Wimbledon, it has been tested very little, and the few times it has been tested, it has lost. As a result, it does not offer any major guarantees either. After that, once again, it remains huge, and he can triumph very well next Sunday.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts