Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
BOATest match of GOAT times.

Thiem did some stupid mistakes (especially at the end of the third set), but overall he played absolutely amazing tennis. That point at 5-3 30-15 has to be the point of the tournament so far, but there were so many great rallies. Djokovic too passive after 6-6 in the first set, his BH DTL went missing and the game turned into Thiem fully dominating the rallies.

·
justice for all
15,241 Posts
You know what, guys?

It's good to be a fan of Dominic Thiem. :)

These are the moments I'm living for as a tennis fan.

What a great victory, Dominic. I am so proud of you. So proud. My man.

And beware, everybody out there. Dominic is coming and will get you!

·
Registered
16,882 Posts
Hats off to Thiem, he played his heart out with the right tactics for the most part.

Djokovic not so much. Letting down his guards after taking a 4-1 lead in the deciding TB was pure muggery.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Incredible performance from Thiem, unreal. Djokovic played well so fair play, aside from the ridiculous celebrations after winning points on UE
Those defense while sliding were unreal. You can have tweeners, around the net post, 100 mile winners now and then. But when was the last time you saw someone defending like that using elasticity (apart from Djokovic).

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I didn't see the last set, but the first two was one player playing tennis, being offensive and daring, and the other pushing to the max with central shots, doing nothing to encourage offensive attacking tennis..

Unless quality drastically picked up in the third, I find it hard how some see this as a top match of the year.
The quality was worse in the third set. errors were piling up on both sides and neither played well simultaneousl. But it was peak drama

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The most relevant part is that FEderer is gonna get roasted tomorrow. Kudos to |Thiem he will most likely qualify 1st in the group with Djoker second. If they are to meet again in the final, i think Djoker will get revenge.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Novak was poor today, I didn't like his performance.

The saddest part is that Nadal with the worse year ends up as YE#1, if Novak wins this tournament it's gonna suck even more.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thiem is the official big 3 Slayer. More often than not. Great player. Thiem vs Zverev final is what I wish here.

That was a fantastic match but both of them. Federer vs Djokovic now got more serious.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
:ROFLMAO:
Djokovic was a mug, pretty bad performance. Thiem almost managed to choke it away, but realistically he was a lot better and deserved to win. Djokovic way too passive and allowing Thiem to completely dictate the rallies. He needs to improve if he is to have any shot at the title.

At least Djokovic is still in this if he beats Federer.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Can't believe that result. I mean it was on Thiem's racquet the whole match, but I was so sure Thiem was going to blow it in the face of a defensive wall, I lost a bundle supporting No1e No2e.

Ruins Dejectedly,
masterclass

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
The quality was worse in the third set. errors were piling up on both sides and neither played well simultaneousl. But it was peak drama
Shame it got even worse...

Match had potential. Whole thing was in Thiem's racquet the entire time and he still choked and seemed to have needed some counter gifts.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I gotta say, Thiem made me eat my own words when I said he would lose in straights. This makes me feel so much better about Federer’s loss lmao. It’s definitely unusual to know that one of the big 3 is guaranteed to not qualify to the semis but hopefully Federer can pull it out against Djokovic.

21 - 40 of 164 Posts