Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
29,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the matches of the year.

Incredible level from Thiem for the most part. Consistent, aggressive stuff and plenty for the highlight reel.

Djokovic was pushed back, he was grinding and showing will but it just wasn't enough in the end against an opponent who was in the zone.

Djokovic vs Federer will now decide who advances. Cool.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
What the hell? It's a Djoke

·
Registered
59,047 Posts
Damn it, Nadal is going to get the number 1 rank. Sickening.

Good match though.

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
Clutch Nole almost receiving a tiebreak bagel from 4-1 up.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Unbelievable win from Thiem. Absolutely massive hitting off of both wings, and dropped huge bombs on the first serve too. The best he has ever played on a hardcourt, even better than his US Open match against Rafa last year and his Indian Wells final performance against Roger this year.

One of the most exciting matches of the year.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
PLS SOMEONE POST HIGHLIGHTS!
TY IN ADVANCE

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
WHAT A MATCH

Kudos to both, they really pushed weach other to the limit.
Thiem looked done after the choke *6-5 but somehow found the right shots to come back in the TB

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Epic match, I have no words...

Best match this year except maybe Djoko-Fed in Wimbledon final, quality and drama was peaking, especially in the end.
Demonic, you f...... BEAST!

I'm still shaking with emotions.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Dear God, this has to be one of the best matches I've ever seen. The hitting from Thiem was just purely insane, particularly in the second and the beginning of the third. This rallye alone...

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Not gonna play around with you here and keep in mind I hate djokovic with a passion.
But that was the flukiest win I have ever seen in my life.
Nobody should recover from that choke and honestly Thiem is just nowhere near good enough to do that.
Bad day for the sport

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Well done, Timi Boy. Great display and showing Djokovic is far from unbeatable.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's never over till it's really over.. Thiem stumbling several times but getting back up every time and finally closing it out .. already an amazing tournament for him!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Best 3 setter of the year. High level from both for most part. If Djokovic brings any level close to this, Federer will lose. But Djokovic will be nervous. Fed-Djokovic will be full of nervy moments.

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
I didn't see the last set, but the first two was one player playing tennis, being offensive and daring, and the other pushing to the max with central shots, doing nothing to encourage offensive attacking tennis..

Unless quality drastically picked up in the third, I find it hard how some see this as a top match of the year.

·
The special one
14,384 Posts
Match of the tournament by far, heck one of the most dramatic matches of the year. I thought Thiem had blown it after failing to serve it out and then going 0-3 in the TB.

I think Thiem is playing better than anyone this tournament. Would love for him to win the whole thing.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts