Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 3.9%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will have zero impact on whether Nole finishes 1 or not for the year as it's a forgone conclusion. However this is still the last "big" event of the year, and only 8can go.

Who wins it and will the winner win the 2012 Melbourne Open?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Well we know the big 4 are IN, and it's really only a matter of when rather than if regarding David Ferrer.

Fish is in good terrain, as while his form isn't that good outside of America, he doesn't need to produce much fireworks. Tsonga appears to be in hot form atm - he should qualify too, and being French is only a good thing in the late season run home.

Berdych - depends on the shoulder. He's good indoors, but his retirement in the US Open....
Almagro - his optionals are fairly full, and he's pretty shit when not on clay. Not looking good.
Soderling - depends on how he comes back from mono. He's still very dangerous indoors, so his chances if he gets fit are pretty good.
Simon - doesn't have the 500 restrictions, and gets some HGA in later weeks. Probably the best chance of qualifying outside of the top 8.
Del Potro - ordinarily would be looking good, but his form has been pretty ordinary in recent weeks.
Tipsaveric - in the mix. Hasn't won a title, and is in good form. He probably needs to step up if he wants to qualify however, and I doubt that he has that in him...
Monfils - typically does very good indoors, so has a better chance than his race ranking may say.
Gasquet - not beyond him, but he really needs a title to get some momentum.
Dolgopolov - not likely. He's inexperienced indoors, and he's still pretty inconsistent. 2012 holds better opportunities.
Troicki - been playing really weird lately, and is probably too far back anyway.
Wawrinka - ditto.
Roddick - needs a big Autumn, and I dunno if he has it in him anymore.
Isner - not good enough to have an Autumn that would get him over the line.
Verdasco - out of nick, and optionals are relatively full. No real chance.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Djokovic will probably win the WTF's, unless someone goes on a hot streak.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Fish will win WTF.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Fed will probably have best chance as it's indoor.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Gael will finally win Paris this year and I suspect he will take Sod's spot as 6th in the rankins.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Shanghai (yes...) and Paris >>> WTF.

I'm probably alone, but I've never understood the fascination with the WTF.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Djokovic won't win it. I think he is mentally exhausted. Besides, my boy wants to complete the calendar slam twice starting AO 2012.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Shanghai (yes...) and Paris >>> WTF.

I'm probably alone, but I've never understood the fascination with the WTF.
you've never understood the fascination of having a tournament where it's basically the best 8 players in the world, and for someone to win it he usually needs to record 4 wins against those players? You've never understood the appeal of a tournament where every match is a top 10 player vs another top 10 player, no first round BYEs (real or virtual)?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
WTF come faster please MY FAV tournament !

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
you've never understood the fascination of having a tournament where it's basically the best 8 players in the world, and for someone to win it he usually needs to record 4 wins against those players? You've never understood the appeal of a tournament where every match is a top 10 player vs another top 10 player, no first round BYEs (real or virtual)?
Nope. I've always watched it, but never truly got it.

The year is effectively over, Slams are done, Masters are done, it's when the players should be resting for the following year.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Nope. I've always watched it, but never truly got it.

The year is effectively over, Slams are done, Masters are done, it's when the players should be resting for the following year.
I guarantee you you are dumb

1 - 20 of 31 Posts