Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I guess they didn't measure the crowd cheering when Zverev hit a beautiful BH winner in the final on MP?

Best point of the tournament!

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think this is more to do with who did it rather than what they did, someone like Thiem could have hit a tweener lob from the back of the court and somersaulted over the advertising boards and Federer could eclipse the noise level just by showing up.

I doubt many people on here watch it but it's the same in snooker, crowds go way OTT for Ronnie O'Sullivan potting a bog standard shot while 95% of them clearly forget they have hands whenever someone else plays a genuinely brilliant shot that is a million times better than the one they just orgasmed over.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I was at a few sessions this week and this device obviously introduced as another attempt just in case any of us get bored, was not there at every point -it went up on the screen after selected points usually after a fiercely fought point but there were points where I expected to see it and it didn't appear.
In other words it appeared at the whim of the guys operating it and often when it appeared then the crowd made more noise than they had initially when applauding a good point. There was an announcement at the start that this was a new feature and it was sold as you could be the crowd that gets the highest decibel ranking in the week. Totally artificial and meaningless.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
A pity ATP is too politically correct to have measured dB during Zverev's (interview by Annabel Croft) booing :shrug: and published it.

This very smart move from Fed fans was blatantly louder.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
I guess they didn't measure the crowd cheering when Zverev hit a beautiful BH winner in the final on MP?

Best point of the tournament!
indeed, the best point of this boring tournament

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
That meter only made the crowd perform these weird artificial cheering noises. There was nothing authentic about it. I know it's just a bit of "fun", but I think it was quite a weak attempt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts