Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,344 Posts
Impressive composed match by Tsitsipas! Some people don't like his shenanigans but at least he is there to play.

Zverev looked worse than on Friday, but this time against a stronger player. His serve % in was 45% so he got to practice those second serves. That DF issue really must be fixed. 8 by the time we got to 6-1 2-1 (i.e. within 5 service games played!) is unacceptable and 10 for the match. The rest of Zverev's game was nothing home to write about either. Tsitsipas had it real easy in general.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Total eyesore from Zverev. The yips at its worst. Emotionally wrecked.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
That happens when you spend to much time on boat, with girlfriend on holidays instead of working hard during off season ....

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
i think zverev just assumed that all his struggles last year were due to of court issues and that once he sorted them out things would just get back to normal. that was both very dangerous and very stupid because it means its likely he never really addressed anything during the of season. what we see now is a mess of a player who's serve is still a joke and now who's lost because he doesnt understand why he's still struggling so bad

·
Registered
22,067 Posts
i think zverev just assumed that all his struggles last year were due to of court issues and that once he sorted them out things would just get back to normal. that was both very dangerous and very stupid because it means its likely he never really addressed anything during the of season. what we see now is a mess of a player who's serve is still a joke and now who's lost because he doesnt understand why he's still struggling so bad
I think he realises that too. He said this yesterday

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
lol, proper smackdown. Tsitsipas looked pretty good, while Zverev was as bad as I expected him to be already against De Minaur.

Also, hitting 140 km/h serves you miss around 50% of the time as 1st and 2nd delivery doesn't seem like a particularly bright strategy when you get your 210+ km/h one in around 70% of the time and you lose 90% of the neutral rallies anyway. He surged the wrong part of his body in his off season, if we can call collecting money in South America off season.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
I'm ashamed big Hass once said this faultbot would be the next big thing. Hopefully he meant Mischa.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The moment he was leading 2-0 you just knew he was going to gift the break back. His groundgame lacks firepower and his FH shanks are as ugly as his serve. Pas could have taken a nap and still win the match. I only wonder how he still lost 4 games in the second set. Just awful.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Well done Zverev. Instead of practicing (esp his serve) and taking rest in off-season, he chose to play meaningless exhos with Fed in SA and China. This is what will separate him from the likes of Thiem, Tsitsipas and Medvedev. Another bad season coming and downward trajectory of career to continue.

·
Registered
17,831 Posts
Tsitsipas' odds were so nice, its a shame Shapo fcked me.

Damn, all that momentary post-LC progress of Beijing and Shanghai gone for Zverev.

He got all the emotional/mental boost he could ask for there, weird that he let that momentum go and reverted already.

·
justice for all
16,251 Posts
Stef was fine. It’s good to see him fine tuning his game just ahead of AO where I believe he’ll be one of the main contenders to dethrone the BIG3 from their reign at slams.
As for Zverev - not his fan but at this stage I really feel sorry for him. Has there ever been a player who struggled so long with one routine shot?

·
Your visions will happen
49,317 Posts
No I don't feel sorry for him. Crying over double faults? Give me a fucking break. It's called fucking practice, it's called fucking discipline. God this kid is entitled. He admits he did not work hard enough. And now crying over an exho? Grow the fuck up, what a fucking child

No wonder Lendl dropped this clown. Can't fix a weak mental and no amount of money is worth Lendl sticking around and putting up with this mediocrity and foolishness and immaturity

The father should have him work a brick laying job like Ferrer to see just how lucky he is to be a tennis pro. But I fear the sense of entitlement is too far ingrained in this kid. I don't know if he will ever know any real and true struggle in his life and thus will never have that grit and determination that comes from working your way up from the mud

It's tough to be world champ when you sleep on satin sheets

1 - 20 of 51 Posts