Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
No thread? :unsure:

Amazing match. Denis had it, but made a stupid smash early in the 2nd set that completely changed the momentum of everything. Next up: Serbia vs. Russia.

Banned
Denis Denis Denis why did you have to choke? I鈥檓 honestly just sick of Djokovic and am tired of him winning unless it鈥檚 against Dull.

Registered
Great match by Shapovalov.
Maybe one day the scientific world will understand that a man inherits his mentality purely from the mother.
Djokovic has a much better mother in this regard than Shapovalov, so that's why he is mentally stronger.

Anyway abysmal play by Novak in 1st and early stage of 2nd set... then again getting broken for serving for the match. Though a good and dominant TB in the end.
And an error galore for Shapo from mid 2nd set as usual when he gets too hot. Sadly he is not the champion type, proven again.

Reactions: Jivuzukoc

Registered
Denis Denis Denis why did you have to choke? I鈥檓 honestly just sick of Djokovic and am tired of him winning unless it鈥檚 against Dull.
Another sour grapes, my Fedtard friend?
Enjoy this great day for Serbia!

You never knew Switzerland anyway, but are a gloryhunter.

Reactions: 2MatchPointsDown

Registered
Great match by Shapovalov.
Maybe one day the scientific world will understand that a man inherits his mentality purely from the mother.
Djokovic has a much better mother in this regard, than Shapovalov, so that's why he is mentally stronger.

Anyway abysmal play by Novak in 1st and early stage of 2nd set... then again getting broken for serving for the match. Though a good and dominant TB in the end.
And an error galore for Shapo from mid 2nd set as usual when he gets too hot. Sadly he is not the champion type, proven again.
Ya'll love going after Shapovalov's mother. Completely unnecessary.

Registered
Ya'll love going after Shapovalov's mother. Completely unnecessary.
As i said... maybe one day... until that day you will be ignorant.
Anyway, that wasn't a dig esp. against him, just stating the facts. :cool:

Registered
Anyway from purely human characteristics, Shapo may be the best of Next Gen.
Now he would be needing to match this with his tennis level as well. He is improving steadily, but still a far cry from Tsitsipas or Medvedev when they play their best.
Stay tuned for the best Dennis we have ever seen.

Reactions: a1canada

Banned
Another sour grapes, my Fedtard friend?
Enjoy this great day for Serbia!

You never knew Switzerland anyway, but are a gloryhunter.
What does Switzerland have to do with anything? I鈥檓 a Federer fan, I don鈥檛 give a shit where he鈥檚 from though.

Registered
I did not enjoy this match.

That crowd in Sydney... Look, I understand we have many supporters and Serbs living in Sydney and different parts of Australia (my niece lives there). But, but, but, WHY ALL THOSE UNNECESSARY REACTIONS? Whistles, screams...Partisan atmosphere for tennis match. I really hope a few people would learn to respect other players, no matter who plays. Didn't like cheering after Denis' double faults.

justice for all
Denis is getting there. Step by step. Compared to their Paris match this was agonizingly close. Maybe next time he鈥檒l get him.

Registered
The match did seem like a Davis Cup tie except it wasn鈥檛 in Serbia. Credit to the Serbia fans for showing up. They did rattle Denis in the second set and helped their man.

Registered
but made a stupid smash early in the 2nd set that completely changed the momentum of everything.
The question is why did this happen? And not the first time.
Denis Denis Denis why did you have to choke?
Maybe he is choker? Like Raonic?
It seems like that. Not from the champion pastry he is fashioned.
lots of positive to take from this match.
For example?
Shapovalov did great in neutral rallies all match long, very good to see!
And?
He is improving steadily, but still a far cry from Tsitsipas or Medvedev when they play their best.
I agree completely.
Didn't like cheering after Denis' doubles faults.
They did everything right. They supported and drove their idol to win.
Compared to their Paris match this was agonizingly close. Maybe next time he鈥檒l get him.
Maybe...
They did rattle Denis in the second set and helped their man.
Exactly. That is what good fans should do.

Registered
I didn't watch the match (middle of the night in Europe) but glad that Novak won it - by far tightest match of their rivalry so far.

Registered
Can't be too upset by this. Denis proved he can hang with the top guys, just can't mentally check out like he did in that 2nd set. Just can't give away sets at the first signs of trouble. The 3rd set was perhaps the most encouraging. He completely put the 2nd set behind him and was making more inroads on return than Djokovic was up to 4-4. Almost made it back from 6-1 in the TB as well, but that was never a good proposition. Just needs to improve his play a bit in the important moments and be better mentally in his lulls, but he's come a long way already.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts