Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very high quality match with a lot of interesting rallies and hot shots, although this match had some other stuff too ...

·
justice for all
16,257 Posts
Mad Lad felt like he had work to do when he saw Stef the other day.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I figured out that hitting the umpire chair is significantly better than hitting the chair umpire.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Another great performance from Diego. He completely outclassed Medvedev off the ground but in the end just fell short because, well because the other guy has that serve that can give him lots and lots of free points when it's clicking, and it definitely did click in the 3rd set. A shame, but nothing to be angry about as the results are only secondary in this tourney to me. The quality in his play mattered more to me, and that was very high in these past three matches. Colour me casually optimistic for his upcoming AO campaign

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am rapidly losing my previous respect for Medvedev. Hitting the umpires chair twice should have resulted in a disqualification

·
Super Moderator
12,524 Posts
some great play from Diego, going into AO playing very well.

Seems according to MEDVEDEV , Russia got the worst deal of QF teams, to travel from Perth and Play next day, seems should have been on day 2 QF like Serbia.

Diego was playing very high Quality and Daniil still finds a way, yes very dangerous player at AO, we will get a nice preview tomorrow with RUSSIA vs SERBIA looking 99% likely after Lajovic win

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am rapidly losing my previous respect for Medvedev. Hitting the umpires chair twice should have resulted in a disqualification
Common... We all know how the real hitting the chair looks like, some people broke their rackets by hitting the umpire chair. Medvedev's act was poor and not professional, but touching twice the umpire chair wasn't the worst act there.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Mad Lad felt like he had work to do when he saw Stef the other day.
Young guys (Bear, Philosopher, Barbie) are looking furious this week. Maybe it's out of frustration with the fact that Old3 haven't retired yet.

·
Your visions will happen
49,321 Posts
Young guys (Bear, Philosopher, Barbie) are looking furious this week. Maybe it's out of frustration with the fact that Old3 haven't retired yet.
Top guys watch these antics and will believe they can win slams until 50 and why not

Losing the mind in best of 3? What will happen over 5?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I watched the whole match and Medvedev is winning a Slam this year, maybe even next month.
yes i also have a good feeling about him.. a week ago i would have thought Tsitsipas but now i think Daniil can reach a really high level and keep it for 2 weeks. we will see.
i think Med was the better player for most of the 1st set, then Diego stepped it up and he sprayed more FH and volley errors. kept himself alive with his serve for most of the rest of the match, until in the last 2 games he looked very dominant again.
i will cut him some slack with the missbehavior this time bc i think the heat, lack of sleep etc was a factor here.
hopefully Daniil can complete the Djoko Hattrick tomorrow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts