Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Epic! Get in!

I was worried but Evo pulled through.

Alex rivalled Djokovic for mental strength at times but then turned into Federer for the tiebreaks.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
im glad someone finally finished de minaur off. down a set and a break in his first 2 matches yet scraped through. dan has played great here. i think he can have a good year if he keeps this up

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Man , what a pleasure to watch old school tennis win a great match :cool:. Thanks Dan and mad props to de Minaur .

·
The special one
14,780 Posts
I'll follow this thread to make sure I remember this match when we're discussing MOTY contenders at the end of the year. Great level, I need a drink after that and it's nearly half 4 in the morning.

Dan will easily break the top 20 this year with that level. It wasn't just his high level tennis that impressed me, it was his mental toughness also, had 4 MPs at 5-6 demon saved all 4 with winners including a great passing shot on the first one, nothing Dan could do on any of them but stayed focused and played a great TB, played the match of his life.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I'll follow this thread to make sure I remember this match when we're discussing MOTY contenders at the end of the year. Great level, I need a drink after that and it's nearly half 4 in the morning.

Dan will easily break the top 20 this year with that level.
Pour one mate, you've got the doubles to come ;)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,681 Posts
Quite the contest, over 3 hours. Dan Evans deserved it but as usual De Minaur will not lie down gently. Fitzy should always do the post match interviews.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Up to top 32 in the world according to the live rankings.

I'm guessing that's too late for the Australian open seedings?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts

Dan will easily break the top 20 this year with that level. It wasn't just his high level tennis that impressed me, it was his mental toughness also, had 4 MPs at 5-6 demon saved all 4 with winners including a great passing shot on the first one, nothing Dan could do on any of them but stayed focused and played a great TB, played the match of his life.
???

Indeed . I agree with every word . Especially the drink , here its 1:30 and Argentina is coming :cool:

What slices , lobs , volleys , net rushes , BHs winners

Speechless with Dan and thirsty after 3 hours of magic

·
Super Moderator
13,114 Posts
Match of the year candidate from week 1 , exhibition as many MTF are calling it ,I'm loving it myself, better then anything pre AO in previous years!

·
11,133 Posts
Best bo3 match i ever saw. Unreal. Evans unlucky not to have had better career

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Espn just showing a top 10 points for thuis match which is uncharacteristic

·
Registered
635 Posts
Great match, more deserving player won.

I may have to walk back my thoughts of De Minaur dominating the tour over the next 15 years after seeing him beat Zverev, Shapo, and Tsitsipas.

The Shapo/Demon match was just as good. We've really been blessed early with some great tennis.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
I want Australia to take this but good high quality stuff from both players in this match. I really like Evans’s game and it’s nice to see him winning big matches like this.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
What a match. Evans can't play better than that. Just kept going despite being dead tired towards the end. Amazing effort and a very deserved victory. He must be really sad about elimination, but he did exceptionally well for himself this week.

Props to de Minaur once again. It's perplexing how people can't appreciate leaving every ounce of energy and heart on the court. That being said, I am always happy to see variety beat legbotting. :p

Reactions: paca and dDreamer

·
Registered
865 Posts
Seedings will be taken at the latest point possible so that’s only at the moment the draw is made. I think Evans seeding might be official at this point especially with Kei out.
Exactly, the seedings are not based on old data. However, the direct entry list is a different story. I think I saw a press release from the AO organizers that the main draw entry list was decided already on December 13, based on the ranking that week.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Still capable of producing the highest level amongst NextGen. Shame about his work ethic
With the NextGen comment I thought you were referring to Alex De Minaur but work ethic refers to Daniel Evans who is 29 years old. Great player. In that match he hit one of the best lobs I have ever seen.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
With the NextGen comment I thought you were referring to Alex De Minaur but work ethic refers to Daniel Evans who is 29 years old. Great player. In that match he hit one of the best lobs I have ever seen.
Yeap.That lob was sexy as fuck
So smooth...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts