Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27,329 Posts
First time I've ever seen someone fail at two put aways off moon ball netcords whilst already standing at the net when it happened.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
:ROFLMAO::D:LOL:

·
Registered
27,329 Posts
Only big Alexander can find a way to be defensive against Di Minaur. Hitting 120km double faults when you're 200cm is fantastic stuff too.

Reactions: paca and hammett

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Zverev played well, it should have been 6:2 6:2. But he got the Yips again and imploded, very sad to see actually even if you don't like Zverev

Reactions: -Dominator-

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
btw Federer is a much better coach than Becker, apparently

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Zverev actually played pretty well in both sets excluding the choking at the end of both sets and the DFs, FH and netgame worked quite well. It doesn't matter here since this is basically an Exhibition+, but he should ask himself how he lost a match he was supposed to win 6-2 6-2.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yeah, but their only match in Australia before this was very close and Alex has improved since then while Zverev has stagnated.

Anyone know the pre-match odds?
1.78 v 2.04 not a 'big' upset and not the first big upset (as Woodbridge said) as there have been bigger upsets like Tsitsipas or Isner losing.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Well nothing for me. I was really happy the way he played until 6-4 4-2, what happens after that isn't possible to describe. Sascha is probrably going 0-3 in this group..

Also really shocked, how Becker didn't try to build him up, did not expect this!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
When your 220 kmh first serves find the court more often (65%) than your 120 kmh second serves (63%)
i truly wonder why doesn't start only doing 1st serves.. absolut mystery

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,284 Posts
He was cruising really a set and a break and had the right idea, being very front foot off the ground and deflecting De Minaur's net fares, but trouble was coming from afar. The first set up 5-2 nearly dropped a double break lead, and the DFs crept in and increased as the match continued. Third was a listless Zverev mailing it in, just lost, while De Minaur kept loving every moment and hit some great shots to keep the poor man in distress. Zverev narrowly avoided a bagel set. It's pretty much a surgical situation now, regarding that second serve.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,284 Posts
Well nothing for me. I was really happy the way he played until 6-4 4-2, what happens after that isn't possible to describe. Sascha is probrably going 0-3 in this group..

Also really shocked, how Becker didn't try to build him up, did not expect this!
Sascha would do well to take heed the words of this song

·
Registered
503 Posts
Great fight from De Minaur, love him.

Kyrgios was doing pushups every time Zverev double faulted.

Reactions: paca
1 - 20 of 39 Posts