Mens Tennis Forums banner
35201 - 35220 of 35703 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I admit Medvedev dominated the game, but it was quite obvious Djokovic shat himself in the dressing room, played at 60% at best and was full of emotions the entire match because of what was at stake for his legacy. He even cried while sitting on the chair. Without a doubt the biggest choke of the year imo. Anyone could have beaten him that day.

In sports there is no vulturing, because if you win, you deserve it, but I consider Medvedev's USO title an easy win after such a one-sided final.
It seemed to me that Djokovic was never a real title contender the entire USO tournament. Lost sets. Was not moving well. Faced inexperienced opposition. Not sure if I would call his loss a choke. To be honest, he should have been eliminated at the QF or SF.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
It seemed to me that Djokovic was never a real title contender the entire USO tournament. Lost sets. Was not moving well. Faced inexperienced opposition. Not sure if I would call his loss a choke. To be honest, he should have been eliminated at the QF or SF.
True. I simply focused on the final.

You could say Djokovic sort of choked during the entire tournament and benefited from the inability of the opponents to beat him. Story of Fedalovic's lives for years now :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
Now, it's Sinner's turn to choke. His form in Sofia was poor but he won against a very uninterested Monfils. Was expecting more from him (Sinner) this fall.

·
Registered
128 Posts
A funny thing: Grigor's lot this tournament is to face big servers: Opelka, Medvedev, now Hurkacz. Neither Opelka, nor Medvedev delivered much of their big serves, though. Will HH be the exception?

·
Registered
44 Posts
A funny thing: Grigor's lot this tournament is to face big servers: Opelka, Medvedev, now Hurkacz. Neither Opelka, nor Medvedev delivered much of their big serves, though. Will HH be the exception?
HH serve is different, he dosent rely on power as much as Meddy or Opelka ..HH served well so far....Meddy didn't serve great against Krajinovic ... Opelka struggled against Daniel ....

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Hillarious miss by Tsitsipas 😂

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't expect Norrie to win this, even if he takes the first set the conditions do not favor him at all unless Diego is just an unforced error machine all day

35201 - 35220 of 35703 Posts