1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
57,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
Let's have tennis finally with fans. A good initiative by the organizers.

It will be a groundbreaking event...

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Banned
516 Posts
Shut it down!!!
Where the heck are Fedals, now when we need them the most!?
Fedals - please stop this atrocity! Raise your somber and health-conscious, responsible voices! Shut it down!!!
Corona! Flu! Fresh Air!!!??? Tennis!?
Don't let us down now.

·
Your visions will happen
47,301 Posts
July 3-5

Attendance will be 30% capacity

6 foot distancing guaranteed

Masks provided but not mandatory

Steve Johnson with the GOAT mustache still

·
Banned
516 Posts
Atlanta is one of the last places in the US where I would organize a tournament with spectators right now. Covid-19 cases in Georgia doubled last week from the previous week, and Atlanta is the hotspot of this increase.
Finally a somber voice.
I say shut it down altogether. All sports, all work, all socializing, all life. Especially those bastards that have girlfriends.

·
Registered
21,297 Posts
Looking at the lineup don't expect many long rallies.

The exciting tennis was at Adria Tour.
Long rallies does not equate to excitement. It is often to the contrary.

·
Registered
21,297 Posts
Depends on the quality of the rallies of course but after the hiatus i was happy to see the tennis on the slow clay at the Adria Tour.
I have nothing against slow clay, but I think its purpose is now redundant as I have not seen clay court artistry as it once was in a long time, at least not at the highest level.

·
Super Moderator
8,424 Posts
Finally a somber voice.
I say shut it down altogether. All sports, all work, all socializing, all life. Especially those bastards that have girlfriends.
Ffs, why do you know my current situation

Can’t visit her 😡

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I have nothing against slow clay, but I think its purpose is now redundant as I have not seen clay court artistry as it once was in a long time, at least not at the highest level.
I take it you mean players like Gaston Gaudio, he is for me the archetype of the clay court talent from late 90's early 00's. There is barely anyone playing like that anymore. It is now a slugfest of who can overpower the other though lately (in last year or so) i have seen a better use of court geometry with a bit more use of the drop shot, net cameo, and short angles but in the end it's often the player with the heavier forehand that will prevail.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Czechs are doing it for 2 weeks now, with fans. No problems so far. If it's done right, the risks are minimum. Can't wait.
I don't exactly know what has been allowed in the Czech Republic for 2 weeks now, maybe you can clarify. But "no problems so far" is clearly wrong. Daily cases had been fluctuating around 50 since mid April until the beginning of last week and now jumped up to within one week.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I don't exactly know what has been allowed in the Czech Republic for 2 weeks now, maybe you can clarify. But "no problems so far" is clearly wrong. Daily cases had been fluctuating around 50 since mid April until the beginning of last week and now jumped up to within one week.
Up to 300, I meant to write.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Yea, but it doesn't mean it's the tournament's fault. Daily cases started to go up in multiple countries, not just Czech Republic. There is no correlation between them.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts