Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:sad: Was rooting for Muller to get to his first final in 3 years. Last final was in Atlanta to an American. Would have been poetic if he got the final and won.

Baggy in a final again finally. 4 years since last one.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Re: Atlanta SF: Baggy def. Muller 6-7(4), 6-3, 7-6(4)

Pretty good match :yeah:

But that choke from Muller in third set (*55/ *40-15, *A-40) :facepalm:

·
Bring it Home
21,060 Posts

Muller serve was very inconsistent today. Somehow he found a way to break Baghdatis back twice in the 3rd set and the match ended up in the TB, but Marcos catched a mini-break in the 1st point and was enough.

Well, I wanted Gilles to win his 1st title here, but now I hope Baghdatis beats Isner. :cool:

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Pretty good match :yeah:

But that choke from Muller in third set (*55/ *40-15, *A-40) :facepalm:
Muller had some real chances in all sets. Each BP was a wild miss. Stupid shot selection.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

Muller had some real chances in all sets. Each BP was a wild miss. Stupid shot selection.
Yeah, 2-3 tragic FH UE

and he had good chances in second tiebreak(Baggy missed first serve 4 times i think) ...

Second set
76 *01/ *40-30 x
76 02*/ 40-30* x
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts

Muller :sad:

Good win for Baggy though hopefully he can beat the servebot tomorrow.
Where's M-Bag :confused: Congrats to him and other Baggy fans. Was hoping for Muller too get his 1st title here :sad:

·
Registered
413 Posts

Gilles, nooo!

At least he's in the doubles final though. And it's never bad to see Baghdatis have a whole week of tennis.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Muller :sad:

Good win for Baggy though hopefully he can beat the servebot tomorrow.
Where's M-Bag :confused: Congrats to him and other Baggy fans. Was hoping for Muller too get his 1st title here :sad:
Thanks! :yeah: Sadly missed out watching this live due to time zones - so ended up having a restless night while checking the score whenever I occasionally woke up. Won't have that problem for the final though fortunately!

Obviously ecstatic about this result by the way - from what I've read on here and elsewhere it sounds like both players weren't at their best, but Marcos managed to eke out a win. Feel sorry for Müller, but with his recent form he'll get to a final eventually I reckon - I hope he wins the doubles today too.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Great news for Marcos :) I like Muller too, but Marcos needs this more. Hope he takes out Jizzner in the final

·
G!G!L!
724 Posts
Close but no cigar for Gilles again :(

Don't mind seeing Baggy reach another final at this point in his career though. Hope he has enough left to outlast Isner.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Muller served great in 1st set, but in 2nd and 3rd BAggy was just standing far behind baseline and getting balls back - 1 thing that Muller really lacks on his serve is power-velocity, i mean Baggy was just far behind baseline and on the Deuce court when serving all those 119-121 1st serves were getting back and even on AD court where Muller can use his lefty serve - well it was way to predictable, Baggy handled both Muller and Groth´s serves after he read them after match went on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts