Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread :hysteric:?

Was it a choke? Ginepri also had a *3-2 lead in the tiebreak, both MP were on Isner's serve at 5-4 in the third set.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
this is too bad for Ginepri! I'm pleased to see him back in action though!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
No thread :hysteric:?

Was it a choke? Ginepri also had a *3-2 lead in the tiebreak, both MP were on Isner's serve at 5-4 in the third set.
No choke, Isner was actually really good in rallies from what I saw (from the tiebreak, after Matosevic won), which was also due to Ginepri's shortcomings, and he had tens of BPs in the third before Ginepri's MPs, which he servebotted away with two aces.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Classic Ginepri choke.

I was rooting hard for him, good story but honestly he's been a career choker. See Agassi vs. Ginepri in 05 at USO during his peak year.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Life support as servebot marches on. Terrible for tennis, humanity, the galaxy, universe, the dark energy, etc.

Ginepri should've won this in 2. He should've won 6 of the first 7 points in that TB and he just won 4. :facepalm:

In the 3rd set Isner was the better player though. It's true that Ginepri had 2 MP's, but Isner save both with aces. And Ginepri had to save some break points of his own in the previous games.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Isner was the better player in 3rd set he deserved to win. Clutch 2 aces to save mps :p But I've seen him df a lot this year in tbs.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Classic Ginepri choke.

I was rooting hard for him, good story but honestly he's been a career choker. See Agassi vs. Ginepri in 05 at USO during his peak year.
How exactly did Ginepri choke against Andre Agassi in that semi? He never had any sort of lead in that match. You can't choke away a lead you don't have.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
NID result.

Unfortunately, Robby's comeback is probably never happening. :sad:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
what a scoreline :spit:

but a win is a win, vamos isner!

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Isner is one of the biggest fighters on tour

his results may not always show that but he's a joy to watch because you know he's not going to count himself out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts