Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awful, awful match. Bag was injured, could barely move around the court due to a leg/hip injury.

3rd consecutive Atlanta title for Isner.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Re: Atlanta F: Isner def. Baghdatis 6-3 6-3

Don't care. John Vulture.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Jonh is King of Atlanta :bigclap: I suprised how Baghdatis could reach the final.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Marcos wasn't moving right after the first set, but his bizarre tactic to occasionally come into the court on some of Isner's serves was madness whether he was okay to play or not.

My congrats to Isner and his fans on another Atlanta win.

A great week for Marcos overall, but it's just shame the way it ended. Match never ignited and apparently Bags was overheard talking to the trainer on the changeover that he was just carrying on for the fans. Hopefully he'll be okay for Washington.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Too much tennis for Grandpa Bags. The supervisor even confronted him towards the last few games about his effort, but he was really limping when you saw the side-camera.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Wonderful result for the entire human race

Cutie John :hearts: Baggy :hug:

T

·
0 Posts
Another title for USNer in God's country. Should be a good masters/ USO swing for him.

Annoyed to miss out on 1.45 on Isner. Even against a non injured Baggy that would be buying money. Even 1.25 would have been a generous price.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
Tbh Stepanek should have routined him, a he had the break leads and Isner was embarrassing. Despite the title, this week gives me hope that Isner loses early at the USO.

·
11,042 Posts
Why can Isner only win tournaments in his little Southeastern American backyard?

:confused::confused::confused:
It's the south my friend.

They are a whole different kettle of fish.
Blood and ties run deep there...especially in Atlanta.

The South is where 'Merica spawned from and Isner is a very 'Merican guy.

·
11,042 Posts
That...makes no sense whatsoever.
Unfortunately Moonballpusher is banned. He could describe it much better than I.

The South is basically it's own country in America, Dougie. The South are typically the one's that are dressed in American flag t-shirts and shorts. They believe in God, Country, Beer and BBQ. They are the "a-typical" American all European countries picture.

Isner is: Semi-Christian, likes to BBQ, was born in North Carolina and went to school in Georgia. He is exactly what the Atlanta crowd wants. People love him for the reasons listed above and Americans really get behind him whenever he is in the South/Atlanta.

Isner has always been a crowd motivated player and always gets extra love in the South, hence his success there.

God forbid if the U.S. Open was held in Georgia...

Does that help out?

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Unfortunately Moonballpusher is banned. He could describe it much better than I.

The South is basically it's own country in America, Dougie. The South are typically the one's that are dressed in American flag t-shirts and shorts. They believe in God, Country, Beer and BBQ. They are the "a-typical" American all European countries picture.

Isner is: Semi-Christian, likes to BBQ, was born in North Carolina and went to school in Georgia. He is exactly what the Atlanta crowd wants. People love him for the reasons listed above and Americans really get behind him whenever he is in the South/Atlanta.

Isner has always been a crowd motivated player and always gets extra love in the South, hence his success there.

Does that help out?
Atlanta is one of the most metropolitan and diverse cities in the US. Largest airport in the world and one of the fastest growing in terms of business.

Also Dougie what you are reading in this post is nothing but simple generalizations. The USA is very different in rural areas than it is in metropolitan areas like every country in the world, city folk and country folk are a lot different.

The people described here in this post exist in every part of America in the rural areas.The south has several large diverse cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta Charlotte etc. What people who are not familiar with these cities imagine is often very incorrect. They are imagining just a larger version of the rural part of the south when in reality that is not the case at all. The city differs from the farm.

Reactions: Ozone

·
Registered
7,270 Posts

Does that help out?
Atlanta is one of the most metropolitan and diverse cities in the US. Largest airport in the world and one of the fastest growing in terms of business.

Also Dougie what you are reading in this post is nothing but simple generalizations. The USA is very different in rural areas than it is in metropolitan areas like every country in the world, city folk and country folk are a lot different.

The people described here in this post exist in every part of America in the rural areas.The south has several large diverse cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta Charlotte etc. What people who are not familiar with these cities imagine is often very incorrect. They are imagining just a larger version of the rural part of the south when in reality that is not the case at all. The city differs from the farm.
Well said, Jeff, great response to an idiotic, close-minded post.

I would expect a moderator to write posts that resemble intelligence but I guess this site has been on a downslide for awhile.

·
11,042 Posts
I understand I'm making swooping generalizations here...that are incorrect.

The point I'm really trying to make is that Isner is USner and that he plays exceptionally well when backed by a home crowd.

Look my American friends, I apologize for what I posted. I realize a mistake when I make one and regret that post.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts