·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:superlol:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Has this ever happened before? :eek: (not an LL facing someone they lost to in qualies, but an LL facing someone they retired against in qualies)

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Has this ever happened before? :eek: (not an LL facing someone they lost to in qualies, but an LL facing someone they retired against in qualies)
has happened more than you would think. I can remember a couple from the WTA off my head. Wozniak/Stosur once in Stanford(though that was QF), and once a couple years back in Auckland I think. It's happened on the ATP as well befoe though I can't remember any specific examples.

I would assume that De Bakker knew he was guaranteed a LL spot with a loss going in and after he got down 2-0 in set 2 he just decided he didn't want to bother with wasting energy playing 3 sets?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
mess :hysteric:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Disgusting if he actually plays, 10x as disgusting if he wins
Why? Not like he retired 3-6 0-5* down or something.
Retiring at 7-6 *0-2 would, I think, imply that he really was forced to retire. I don't know what happened, but for example if it's a stomach bug, that could easily get fixed until tomorrow or whenever they play. :shrug:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
has happened more than you would think. I can remember a couple from the WTA off my head. Wozniak/Stosur once in Stanford(though that was QF), and once a couple years back in Auckland I think. It's happened on the ATP as well befoe though I can't remember any specific examples.

I would assume that De Bakker knew he was guaranteed a LL spot with a loss going in and after he got down 2-0 in set 2 he just decided he didn't want to bother with wasting energy playing 3 sets?
Interesting :yeah:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Why? Not like he retired 3-6 0-5* down or something.
Retiring at 7-6 *0-2 would, I think, imply that he really was forced to retire. I don't know what happened, but for example if it's a stomach bug, that could easily get fixed until tomorrow or whenever they play. :shrug:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
huge result for diez with 32 points so far here, btw

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Was really disappointed that Thiemo retired with that score and was hoping it was nothing serious. This explains it.
Weird situation now with 3 LL's and 1 qualifier with a bye.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts