Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering at which tournament did we see the very best out of the members of the top four?

In my opinion

Djokovic- Australian Open 2008
Nadal- Australian Open 2009/Us Open 2010
Federer- Australian Open 2007
Murray- ... Uhhhh, US Open 2008, I guess.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Djokovic - Rome 2011 comes to mind as most recent... but I'm sure his fans can provide better examples
Nadal - Roland Garros 2008 was sick
Federer - too many to mention but almost every tournament he won in 2006, then Australian 2007, WTF 2010
Murray - I can't really think of anything right now, maybe the way he bageled Nadal in Tokyo was impressive but I didn't see the match so IDK for sure

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Djokovic- AO 2011 vs Fed 1st set :worship: both played a great set
Nadal- Rg 2008, 2010 was very overrated, field was just awful
Federer- Pretty much all 2006-2007 and WTF 2010
Murray- vs Cilic AO 2010

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
If we're talking slams, then:

Djokovic - A.O. 2008;
Nadal - R.G. 2008;
Federer - maybe A.O. 2007, but there are numerous other candidates from 2003-7;
Murray - A.O. 2010.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Fed AO 07 ( though its not difficult to make Roddick look like a chump
Nadal- RG 08, USO 10
Nole- AO 08, AO 11
Murray- Whats he shown again? How NOT to show up to slam finals?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Djokovic- AO 2011 vs Fed 1st set :worship: both played a great set
Nadal- Rg 2008, 2010 was very overrated, field was just awful
Federer- Pretty much all 2006-2007 and WTF 2010
Murray- vs Cilic AO 2010
Agreed. I can't think of too many other players, even at their best, who would have beaten Federer at his level in this year's Australian Open. If Djokovic had played just a few loose points in the first two sets he would have been down 2 sets to love. Insanely high level from Djokovic.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Federer - pretty much every tournament he won between 2004-2006.
Murray - US Open 2008 semi-final/Miami 2009/Montreal 2010/Tokyo final this year.
Nadal - RG 08.
Djokovic - AO 08.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Federer - pretty much every tournament he won between 2004-2006.
Murray - US Open 2008 semi-final/Miami 2009
Nadal - RG 08.
Djokovic - AO 08.

You mean struggling to defeat 100 year old Agassi at the USO for 2 years? Thats impressive? Beating Baghaditis, Roddick? Impressive? Or do you mean his level? Many times a person's level is the direct cause of medicore competition as well arguably. Fed can look superhuman when someone like Roddick is across the net. Someone like a Rafa or Nole can beam him back down to earth

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
You mean struggling to defeat 100 year old Agassi at the USO for 2 years? Thats impressive? Beating Baghaditis, Roddick? Impressive? Or do you mean his level? Many times a person's level is the direct cause of medicore competition as well arguably. Fed can look superhuman when someone like Roddick is across the net. Someone like a Rafa or Nole can beam him back down to earth
Always so mad and bitter. Someone buy this fool a plane ticket to Federer/Agassi/Sampras and videotape him trying to say such things to their faces.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
You mean struggling to defeat 100 year old Agassi at the USO for 2 years?
AO 2005. 6–3 6–4 6–4.
BTW, 6–3, 2–6, 7–6, 6–1 isn't exactly struggling, is it? He lost a set, so what?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
More impressive than beating Pioline or Chang, you dipshit.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
AO 2005. 6–3 6–4 6–4.
BTW, 6–3, 2–6, 7–6, 6–1 isn't exactly struggling, is it? He lost a set, so what?
He needed 5 sets just to beat a 34 year old Agassi. :rolleyes: Heck Agassi at a dinosaur age was taking more sets away from Fed then his own contemporaries. ROFL

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
So what? As has been established in another thread, great players can still have their moments even late in their careers, & Agassi ended 2005 in the Top 10. Sampras didn't exactly find it easy against an old Becker at the Masters in 1996 (or at Wimbledon the year before), the year before Becker retired.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Federer's general level then >>>> any other level in the history of tennis, including Sampras :wavey: Sorry that it hurts so much :wavey:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Federer - Aus Open 2007 (JesusFed :bowdown:)
Nadal - French Open 2008 (unreal stuff, the only opponent who came close to winning a set was Djokovic in the 3rd set of their SF, then he crushed Roger in the final for the loss of 4 games :worship:)
Djokovic - Aus Open 2008 (I didn't like him at the time, but that was the best tennis I've ever seen him play :bigclap:)
Murray - US Open 2008 (The way he beat Rafa in the SF despite having never won against Rafa before that match), but the window is now quickly closing for Muzza to win a grand slam.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts