Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have been joking (or trolling) how tennis is dead in 2018 and had no idea what great times we were actually having.

This is the situation right now:
No crowd.
Great point is played - complete silence. Break, set or match point is saved - complete silence. Dramatic grand slam watched by 15 people in almost complete silence.
Fake crowd noises trying to cheer things up.

People, umpires and players wearing masks like in zombie apocalypse (even if there is nobody around).

Loads of players not playing because of Covid-19. No Federer and Nadal as well.

This just doesn't do it for me. For now, real tennis is dead.馃槓馃拃
We will have to enjoy this tennis parody and hope it ends one day.

Registered
TENNIS is at a treacherous fork in the road right now, if they try to politicize the sport it will be destroyed like mlb nfl nba and nooscar.

Registered
Disagree.

Tennis is better without the drunk and glory-seeking 鈥渓ook at me鈥 crowds that know 4 players total.

Hopefully the crowds never return.

Registered
So that woman with the one finger from the Wimbledon final last year is apparently a sign of living tennis? Back to your cave, Fedtard

Registered
They are playing tennis. I am watching them play. I am loving it.

We are not going to watch this version of tennis again. We will probably not be lucky to watch another grand slam without crowd. Just embrace it as it is a once in a 100-year's time thing.

Registered
No Federer, no Nadal, no boorish US Open crowd...no problem!
This is the best tennis has ever been

Registered
When you play tennis , nobody comes to watch , f*ck that shit , I'm not playing tennis no more

Registered
Some people have been joking (or trolling) how tennis is dead in 2018 and had no idea what great times we were actually having.

This is the situation right now:
No crowd.
Great point is played - complete silence. Break, set or match point is saved - complete silence. Dramatic grand slam watched by 15 people in almost complete silence.
Fake crowd noises trying to cheer things up.

People, umpires and players wearing masks like in zombie apocalypse (even if there is nobody around).

Loads of players not playing because of Covid-19. No Federer and Nadal as well.

This just doesn't do it for me. For now, real tennis is dead.馃槓馃拃
We will have to enjoy this tennis parody and hope it ends one day.
Loads of players not playing because of Covid-19 ? You must have a different definition of the word loads
If you look at the top 100 players in the world, 88 of them are playing the US Open.
Of the 12 missing, there are at least 3 that are injured and wouldn't be playing even if covid wasn't here: Federer, Verdasco and Pouille.
Herbert is not playing because he is expecting a baby, nothing to do with covid.

So there are only 8 of the top 100 players missing because of covid (either directly or indirectly).
4 of them are the biggest clowns on tour: Paire, Monfils, Fognini and Kyrgios

Registered
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Registered
It takes a very special type of person to think sports like tennis can go on without fans present.

If USO20 will become the new standard then I hope these special ones will be happy watching tennis at a much lower level in their backyard.

Registered
Those of us who watch other sports are more than used to it already.

Welcome to reality, where a global pandemic has savaged the world for almost a year and everyone is trying to make the most of it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts