Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We should have a new nickname for Medvedev for his elite level trolling as he crushed RBA with BH CC rally submission — Lokidev? :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
534 Posts
I said in his results threads earlier this week that it seemed like he somehow flipped a switch and realized he needed to get his base consistency back to be elite. All year before this week he was making careless errors and now this week he’s taking less risks and being more patient so he’s like a brick wall out there.

Also, the serving this week is much improved. The serving in the first set particularly was so, so good.

Novak will probably be too much but a great week and hopefully this isn’t just a one week thing.

· Registered
1,799 Posts
The best Medvedev has played since Australian Open.
Tactical master class from Meddy who trapped RBA in his backhand corner, was varying the height and pace of the ball he was giving him and RBA never figured out how to get out of this jail. Meddy was also more proactive compared to previous matches which was nice to see.
Insane serving numbers from him in the first set — put 13 of 14 first serves in and dropped a total of 2 points.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia Software

11th time this season Meddy wins 3 matches at a tournament — the tour's best. But the problem for him is to win more than 3 matches which he has done only 3 times. And despite today's encouraging performance, I don't expect him beat Djokovic, I'm not even sure the match will be competitive.

· Registered
6,401 Posts
yah, only 4 unforced with 15 base winners is quite something.
match against nole should be fireworks.

· Banned
89 Posts
I said in his results threads earlier this week that it seemed like he somehow flipped a switch and realized he needed to get his base consistency back to be elite. All year before this week he was making careless errors and now this week he’s taking less risks and being more patient so he’s like a brick wall out there.

Also, the serving this week is much improved. The serving in the first set particularly was so, so good.

Novak will probably be too much but a great week and hopefully this isn’t just a one week thing.
If Medvedev playsike he did today he will hammer Djokovic. And with it end Djokovic hopes of ever winning a slam. Tomorrow is huge for Novak even though this is a meaningless 500 event

· Registered
1,091 Posts
Expected more from RBA who has a good record against DM.

· Registered
152 Posts
What a great Visually pleasing match....Those Ad crt BH CC exchanges were a sight to behold.. But really great strategy from Medvedev..Not giving RBA any pace whatsover so that he cld not hit thro' him...Also when RBA took the initiative, Medvedev with his quick legs was able to redirect it with his own injection of pace or completely taking the pace off it again making it neutral, made life Hell for RBA tonight..Some great anticipation too..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts