How far could they go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that Magnus Norman did a great job with Stan Wawrinka. Stan was able to win his 1st grand slam vs Rafa in Australia, even if he was maybe a bit lucky that Rafa got injured. You could argue that he would have still won, but that's not the point of this thread.

Assuming Dimitrov would team up with GOAT coach Magnus Norman, how far could they go? I know it's just a hypothetical question, but let's just say for the fun of it that it would happen and the chemistry between them would be great. They would work together for at least 3 years. How much impact would he have on Dimitrovs game? Discuss :D.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
It's quite funny some people actually believe in Norman's magic powers. Soderling was a raw material, having a lot of potential and Norman brought it up to the surface. He always had powerful groundstrokes, great stamina and a heavy serve, the only aspect that was lacking was consistency.

Dimitrov is nowhere near Soda's talent.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's quite funny some people actually believe in Norman's magic powers. Soderling was a raw material, having a lot of potential and Norman brought it up to the surface. He always had powerful groundstrokes, great stamina and a heavy serve, the only aspect that was lacking was consistency.

Dimitrov is nowhere near Soda's talent.
Stan also had the weapons before, Norman helped him with the mental part the most I believe. One could argue that Dimitrov also has the weapons but lacks the mental fortitude. For example at this years AO he had chances to beat Rafa but he folded in the tiebreaks.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he dumped good to great tennis accademy last year so im not sure norman would coach him :lol:

·
23,063 Posts
Well, it should make Dimitrov somehow more aggressive, and from what I see from Dimitrov is an emotional person that Norman may help curb some of them. He has variety, so that might help. That being said Dimitrov doesn't seem to be the type Norman is supposed to be coaching -- maybe Janowicz (big hitter, sometimes could get emotional, had mental lapses).

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Dimitrov was already coached by Norman/Tillstrom in Sweden Accademy and the results were nowhere near the ones he is achieving with Roger Rasheed, so there is no chance this will happen.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
To me Dimitrov is nowhere near Soderling and Wawrinkas raw potential.

Sure Norman might now a few tricks but there is a limit somewhere. Maybe he could coach Dimitrov to a QF/SF but against top4 type players I don't know if the so called peak Dimitrov got what it takes in bo5, even with perfect tactics and perfect mental clutchness.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Dimitrov was already coached by Norman/Tillstrom in Sweden Accademy and the results were nowhere near the ones he is achieving with Roger Rasheed, so there is no chance this will happen.
Come on. What is he achieving with Roger Rasheed? Losing the first round of a major? Rasheed is a talent killer. Everyone knows that :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts