Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Not a bashing thread at all i just want your honest oppinion about this event through the first 2 rounds.

honestly to me it seems like a mess. We have seen so many matches which have been one sided blow outs. There have been alot of bagels and breadsticks handed out at this tournament and on the mens side we have seen 3 matches already that were a couple of games and an injury away from being triple bagels

we've seen some rediculous collapses, none more so then stebe's loss to hewitt in the 4th set from 5-1 up

we've also seen some good matches but it seems that when you stack them up the number of horror shows far outweigh the number of quality encounters.Its normal for a tournament's early rounds to have these blow outs but its not just the top players who are producing them and some sections of the draw are falling apart.

have you enjoyed it or not?

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Re: Asses these first 2 rounds

I see no asses in here.

*waits for the trolls*

·
Registered
163 Posts

lol @ Nice ass
btw, i think the tournament so far is good, there are lots of 5 set matches, even some of my favourite lost, but overall it's good until this point at least

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

Not a bashing thread at all i just want your honest oppinion about this event through the first 2 rounds.

honestly to me it seems like a mess. We have seen so many matches which have been one sided blow outs. There have been alot of bagels and breadsticks handed out at this tournament and on the mens side we have seen 3 matches already that were a couple of games and an injury away from being triple bagels

we've seen some rediculous collapses, none more so then stebe's loss to hewitt in the 4th set from 5-1 up

we've also seen some good matches but it seems that when you stack them up the number of horror shows far outweigh the number of quality encounters.Its normal for a tournament's early rounds to have these blow outs but its not just the top players who are producing them and some sections of the draw are falling apart.

have you enjoyed it or not?
There were a couple good matches last night that ended badly, and the Murray Harrison match had some entertainment, but that's about it.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts

There have also been a lot of 5 setters it seems. Either a blow out or a 5 setter.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts

court is too slow.

i enjoyed istmoin/tsonga and murray/harrison. the rest have been mug matches.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts

We're just loading up for a big 2nd week. I think tonight's matches with Roddick, Hewitt, and Monfils could inject some life into this tournament. Plus Isner/Nalbandian how can anyone not mention that? The drama at the end alone made it entertaining as hell.

·
Banned
912 Posts

it's been good so far:

one memorable match (Isner-Nalby), incredible controversy (also Isner-Nalby, plus Nouni), a meltdown for the ages (Baghdatis), five-setters all over the place, some other good matches (Muray-Harrison, Istomin-Tsonga), plus Aussie heartbreak (Stosur) and joy (Tomic), two future stars playing each other in R3 (Tomic-Dolgo) and all of the top contenders still in the draw.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

I see no asses in here.
I thought this was going to be a discussion of players' behinds or dickish behaviour :confused:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

Lopez's ass is great as always :drool:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

Yeah, the first few rounds of grand slams generally suck if the only players you watch are Nadal, Djokovic and Federer (90% of the forum).

·
Registered
4,457 Posts

I thought this would be another thread about players' rear ends. We really have enough of those. I'm glad when my favorite players win their matches in decisive fashion, but am happy about a win under any circumstance other than an injury retirement. I hate hearing about injuries.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Still better than WTA. But of course, it's pretty easy be better than WTA.
From a guys point of view the WTA has way better asses.

Reactions: 156mphserve

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
MTF is thus far united in the opinion that Tomic is god.

·
Registered
22,615 Posts
There are always blowouts, I've been pleased with the number of close/interesting matches thus far

1 - 20 of 23 Posts