Mens Tennis Forums banner

1881 - 1887 of 1887 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Not in the risk of laying off as a permanent employee of government undertaking bank , but chances are high of getting exposed to corona patients dus to the job itself, there are many middle East return ppl are here in my workplace ,many are in their early days of self-quarantine. Let see what happens next

Same q

·
6,189 Posts
My job is not at risk as I am in the public sector. Worst case scenario is I could be self-quarantined for 2 weeks. Others are not so lucky.

Same Q again.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,519 Posts
I got a research job at an institute (first postdoc) but have been forced to work from home for now. I'm lucky I applied for it in mid February, otherwise I may have to wait some time (and not having had any fulltime job till age 27, that would suck). My brother is a high school teacher and still has to work until some time the govt decides also to suspend schooling in NSW.

What do you think you will be doing to pass the time during this CoVID19 period?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
I got a research job at an institute (first postdoc) but have been forced to work from home for now. I'm lucky I applied for it in mid February, otherwise I may have to wait some time (and not having had any fulltime job till age 27, that would suck). My brother is a high school teacher and still has to work until some time the govt decides also to suspend schooling in NSW.

What do you think you will be doing to pass the time during this CoVID19 period?
Learning a language
Writing a book
Learning to cook
Cleaning

Same q

·
Super Moderator
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,885
What I am currently doing since school is going through an indefinite hiatus around here: reading, pottery, watching movies and playing WoW (I'm raiding twice a week now, yeesh...).

Same Q.

·
The special one
13,951 Posts
I've did a couple of online workouts, there's quite a lot I've found that should keep me going for now, plus watching some old matches on TennisTV. I was planning on signing up to be a volunteer for the NHS today but apparently theyre full. The original target was 250k which was smashed in less than 24 hours, the new target of 750k also smashed, so as soon as they want more people I'll offer my services if it gets worse.

How do you think your country overall has handled this Virus??

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,519 Posts
Australia could be better but could be a lot worse. Early on we closed borders to Asia and then extended to Europe. Most of the additional clusters came from the Middle East. We also had one blunder in New South Wales where a cruise ship with passengers were allowed out for social isolation rather than direct quarantine by the NSW health minister - these people would have infected others on the way home!

I think our government has put in a good approach since to promote social distancing, now you can't be out in public with more than 2 people together. Many non-essential businesses closed and most people working from home. The quick government working to provide relief for those who lost their jobs with 16.4% of the national GDP is quite a big call and I applaud that, eases some tension.

What are the biggest adjustments you'd had to make because of this virus?

1881 - 1887 of 1887 Posts