Mens Tennis Forums banner

1761 - 1780 of 1807 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
No, not at all. It freaks me out. I am not going out like a hobo or smtn, actually I really like to dress well and with some style, regardless of an occasion, but buying clothes is a different thing completely...going to huge stores, checking the products, trying different sizes out...My God do I hate that, and do I think it's a waste of my time (but I could spend hours in tech store...)!

While on topic, do you dress very stylish outside of work, or you like to keep it a bit more comfortable (but still maintain the aesthetics, ofc)?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
never.

are there any beliefs you hold that may be viewed as odd?
Yes, I believe I have to do everything perfectly (btw I don't expect it from others, I mostly tell people to chill if they take smtn too seriously). I either put to much pressure on myself, or choose not to do the thing at all. It has crippled me socially mostly, because I expect "my best game" in my relationships and friendships. What a weirdo.

Same q

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
Yes, I believe I have to do everything perfectly (btw I don't expect it from others, I mostly tell people to chill if they take smtn too seriously). I either put to much pressure on myself, or choose not to do the thing at all. It has crippled me socially mostly, because I expect "my best game" in my relationships and friendships. What a weirdo.

Same q
True perfectionist :worship:

Can't think of any atm tbh.

What are you looking forward to most this weekend?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
True perfectionist :worship:

Can't think of any atm tbh.

What are you looking forward to most this weekend?
I'd say tennis, but just came from 2h slug/mug fest on clay, I have pain in every muscle...so probably ćevapi today, in Travnik, best in BiH
And decent amount of sleep.

Same q

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I've been working on a research project for almost a year. It's been going much slower than expected because I loathe the topic, struggle to get information or reliable sources, so I get uninspired. I should finally be done during the weekend and move on to other stuff.

If you were to create a tv show, comic, movie, cartoon, play etc, what would the plot be?

·
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,770
A couple of years ago I wrote a story about a strikebreaker who is hired to bully workers at an oil refinery which is polluting the landscape. He takes the payment and shoots to kill his empoyer, which turns out to be the devil. There are six chapters, 1-3-5 tell his backstory (the guy used to be a lowlife thug) and 2-4-6 are about the present (the 50's) where he helps the workers stand up to the devil. Basically a story of redemption/horror with a soft supernatural element.

Same Q.

·
The special one
13,502 Posts
Not to sure tbh. It would probably be something based on my own life experiences, maybe a story on a character that failed miserably at school and was a bit off the rails to a relatively successful life after scratching and clawing from the very bottom. Or a character that played sports at a relatively high level and injury ended any chance of a professional career. It's been years since I've actually written a story about anything.

If you were only able to keep one of your senses which one would you choose.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
That's a very good question. Hope I never get to choose... I'll rely on science here and choose eyesight, because 80% of information we get comes from it.

Same q.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Unfortunately, no.

When you read about Brexit and how the British political system is dealing with it, does it make you laugh?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Brexit saga had severely diminished my respect for UK as a country (I didn't lose respect for British ppl and your amazing culture), because this is the pinnacle of political immaturity, it literally looks, from the side point of view, like you don't know would you or would you not exit EU. I am sincerely surprised how much patience EU had showed towards this indecisiveness, I got sick of it already honestly, and I'd pull the trigger and kick UK out if I was them. You guys need to elect people that will truly represent your values, not these clowns. How do these dicks even get to be the leaders?

While on-topic, my question will be, is capitalism heading towards its inevitable crash, since the elites are now placing total morons to lead people. What's in store for us afterwards? (This is still one q, bcs these are consequential :p )

·
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,776
Well, I think capitalism evolves over time, and definitely the mass-appealing speech as well. I think for a few years now there's been a rejection from a lot of people over the usual cookie cutter, more traditional political language so it seems like a more blunt, uneducated and far-right political approach is the way to go now. In some cases that is.

Do you think Hollywood will ever embrace again hand-drawn animation?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
The most I did was buy a Halloween cake that was reduced to clear.

Did you watch any of the matches at the WTA Tour Finals or where you even interested in it at all?

·
5,953 Posts
Yes, but only replays and highlights.
London time is not very user friendly here.
Wimbledon I will stay up all night, but not for the WTFs.

Have you ever climbed or intend to climb any high mountains ? (and I mean that in both a figurative and literal sense)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I would love to climb Kilimanjaro. It is very special, since it is not in a mountain range, yet and old dormant volcano that rises from the plains...the view, given there are no clouds, must be astonishing.

As for figurative meaning, I think I have climbed many high mountains, but the biggest one is gonna be my moving to work in a foreign country. That will be a steep one for sure.

Since it s a great q, same q ;)

1761 - 1780 of 1807 Posts